Private Messaging query

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Private Messaging query

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi folks

I know that to some folks I am going to sound here like I am really stupid, but can I ask a question about our private messaging system.
I am totally not technically minded.

Recently I replied to a private message and my reply was in my Sentbox. I later sent a further response and my second reply was in my Outbox. This confused me - easily done :) :)

Can anyone explain the difference between the Sent Box and the Out Box.
And also, would my reply that is in my Outbox have been sent. And if not sent, how would I send it cos I can't see anywhere to do so in the Outbox.

:oops:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Let's see if I can make this make sense:

You get a message - it's in your Inbox. Sort of like at work when you have a box of mail called the Inbox - it's for you and it's telling you that you have mail.

Now, you read it and then type an answer. This gets put in two places. First, it is transferred to your Sent box. This your own personal copy so you can always go back and see what you wrote.

The second place it goes is to your Outbox. The Outbox is like a mailbox that holds the message until the receiver sees it and opens it. Now, once the receiver reads it, it's no longer in the Outbox, but in their Inbox.

Does that make any sense?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thankyou, I see now what happens. (If I had been patient it would have become clear once the messages had been opened by the recipient).

So the bottom line is - a sent message sits in the Outbox till recipient opens it...... then it transfers itself to the Sentbox.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am not sure if it goes to the Sent box immediately or waits until it's opened....but it does sit in the Out box until it's opened.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Looks like this is the process:

• compose PM
  • PM goes into Outbox
  • (at this point I think you can optionally delete the PM from the Outbox before the recipient reads it, thus ending the process here)
  • recipient reads PM
  • PM moves from Outbox to Sentbox
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thankyou Ann and Aiken, that is exactly the information I was looking for.
Betty