New carpet

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Wayne

New carpet

Post by Wayne »

Got new carpet in my Recroom today. Looking forward to stretching my legs out on the floor. I'm too old to do that on the previous hardwood floor.

Enjoying that new carpet smell!

Neco

Post by Neco »

It's all good.... until someone gets rug burn :x

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ha Ha

Thanks for the chuckle Zach and the pleasant images now running through my head.

I really did mean stretching my (freaky long) legs like a track & field runner. It helps me with the creepy crawlies.

Well maybe this weekend I'll try for a rug burn.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I got two words for you man..

crotch protection

:o

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wayne, do you do hurdle stretches? As a teenager, that was the only thing I needed to do to control the RLS. I can remember, at around 13 or 14, telling my grandmother (who walked the floors for hours every night) that all she needed to do were these.

How embarrassing!

I understand when others come here and are sure that their solution works. Until you've experienced needing to try multiple things or hear of many people who have a different experience, it seems plausible that we'd all find the same things work.

So, after 30 years, it's nice to hear that I was right....for at least one other person, lol. (better not break my bubble, lol, though I doubt that just doing whatever stretches you do is all you need to do!)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ann. Yes hurdle type stretches. Also calf stretches.

I've been doing this since my teen years also, but I didn't have RLS back then. As a teenager and young adult. I worked at jobs that were mostly grunt work/heavy lifting and was on my feet for 6-8 hours. Stretching at the end of the day relieved the tightness of my leg muscles.

Stretching does not relieve my RLS symptoms, just makes them less intense (if that makes sense).

Hope that didn't burst the bubble.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

When a teen, it would completely relieve it for me. Or at least I would fall asleep and then didn't care.

Now, I actually do them in bed and fall asleep that way. Talk about uncomfortable! But, if I have a small bit of RLS, pulling my leg like that will let me get to sleep; sometimes the RLS stops, sometimes I wake up again in a short while - an hour or less. But, it is better than pacing.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

More home improvements. Had my old deck removed and a brand new one installed. Had the usual contractor issues (not showing up on time, taking longer than estimated, and weather problems).

They finished yesterday by power-washing it down. Oooh. Looks new and shiny. Of course today it's raining, all day and tomorrow according to the forecast, so I can't get out and give it a trial run. Also can't get my lawn raked and cut because of all this wet weather.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's so much fun to upgrade things in the house, isn't it? Enjoy that deck!

Managing Your RLS