Oops...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Oops...

Post by Neco »

I had a bad morning.. Around 2:15 my IBS hit.. so I took some fiber and things calmed down.. but by the time I got to work I could tell things were gonna be rough.. punched in and went to the bathroom.. It was my day to clean the bathrooms too, but we only have one mens room and its on the 2nd floor...ugh

Get done with the 3 in the Salon and the loading dock, and started cramping up again :x slowest elevator ride of my life..

And then I was fine, save various spasms throughout the day now..

But when I got home I just wanted to go inside and takes my meds and relax.. So I line the car up and check my mirror on my moms side of the garage, so I don't nail my brothers car.. Looked just barely OK so I start to back in.

And plow straight into the front right side of the garage frame.. knocked a 2x4 out of place and banged up the frame trimming and some siding as usual (not the first time I've hit the garage on both sides..) but the door won't close all the way.

Thought I just knocked the frame out of place (it stops a foot from closing completely) but my dad looked at it and the 2x4 is split....meh

He didn't yell at me though, which is good.. the garage has been hit on all side save the rear and the side facing our house, over the years we have lived here.

It had damage when we moved in from the neighbors friends.. then a couple months later one of their friends was drunk and backed right into it, making it worse.. I think my mom has hit it once.. I've hit both sides of the frame 2 or 3 times but never this severe..

last week my dad couldn't see in the morning because the flood light didn't come on.. so his truck hit the top corner and destroyed a corner portion of the gutter, as well as the down spout...

I'm pretty sure the garage doesn't like us.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

A point of consolation ---- at least you haven't been the only one to damage the garage :)

Hope your IBS has settled.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Zach, I know you're pretty clued up but have you tried the suppliament psyllium for IBS? I take two capsules 30 mins before food & it seems to have (over a period of weeks) settled things down for me. If you google it you may find out more. It seems it can help with both diarrhea & constipation.
Nicky

Neco

Post by Neco »

I take Citrucel, which uses a different kind of fiber I think.. Its some kind of synthetic I think.. When it comes to normal fiber I'm not keen on the bloating and excess gas and the cramps that can cause as opposed to the IBS. I did buy some unprocessed Wheat Bran (Bob's Red Mill) to try out for mixing in with hot cereal, and baking.

I ocassionally take some before eating, if I've been breaking my diet recently, but do not make a habbit out of it.. I try to take a glass every couple of days, or if I feel the onset of an attack, or wake up in the middle of one.. Then I will take some at that time, and it usually helps calm things down and sometimes prevent anything really bad from happening.

...and I meant to post this in off topic... not sure how it ended up here :oops: