Happy Holiday

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Happy Holiday

Post by Polar Bear »

I wish everyone a Happy Holiday and a 2010 that brings us all a measure of peace and contentment.

For those of us who may be having a bad time at present be it from our rls symptoms or other stresses and pressures - I send positive thoughts for better times.

Thank you to everyone on this site - the support has been wonderful.

May the New Year be a good one.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks, PB. Same to you and yours.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Merry Christmas to those of you who are Christian, and happy Kwanzaa to those of you who celebrate that. It seems like Hanukkah has passed (darn it, we usually make latkes to celebrate), but to those of you who are Jewish or of other faiths or no official faith, happy days off work.

I'm supposed to sing in the choir today at 5pm, and then this evening we'll all attend the Unitarian Universalist church. My son just pointed out that the UUs have 2 Christmas services, and the Christian church I attend only has one. Thing that make you say, "hmmm."

My RLS is absolutely psycho these last couple days and my narcolepsy completely out of control, but I'm determined to have a merry Christmas anyway. My kids and spouse are healthy (relatively) and even my ancient red dog has managed to live until another Christmas. Every year we are sure it will be her last, but she's a determined old thing.

It's snowing and snowing and snowing, so that may be what's making me crazy with RLS. We've already had 8 inches or more of snow, and we're supposed to have a BIG snowstorm tomorrow, that may rival the 1991 Halloween blizzard, where we had 3 feet of snow. Cross country skiing is the one thing that actually makes me feel great in the middle of winter, and it's looking like a good year for that.

Blessings to you all.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

There we are..... Christmas is over for another year.

Yesterday we all went to eldest son for Christmas dinner, and this evening we had everyone for a buffet party, arriving at around 5pm and the last one has just gone. We had 15 plus 4 kiddies who were still going strong at midnight. A lot of preparation and I had a wee wobbler mid afternoon feeling sorry for myself, felt I was doing all the work cos hubby was engrossed in his Nintendo Brain Trainer, (the boys bought us one each for Christmas presents). Once I got it off my chest I felt so much better... hubby says why didn't I ask for help..... hmmmm.... should I need to ask ?? However, once I had my say, all was good.

It is just so lovely to have them all around us.... I had a wee teardrop for the son who didn't make it home from USA this Christmas, but happily hopes to be with us next year. What with another son being in the RAF (who was home this week) its difficult to get all of them home at the one time. It is good to think of our boys and feel we raised them OK, not perfect... but only a robot is perfect!

A nice day when all is good and the usual everyday pressures get set to the side.

Soon it will be back to the day to day routine but in the meantime I will enjoy the warm family feeling of this holiday.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation