Boring - but very handy hint

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Boring - but very handy hint

Post by Polar Bear »

Today I took the bull by the horns and decided to wash/ valet my car, hasn't been cleaned in the 6 months since I bought it new. That is not as bad as it sounds as it is not the main car and doesn't do a lot of miles etc.

You know how it is..... there are always those narrow channels where the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner will not reach - I found the perfect solution..... a baby bottle brush that was still in the garage... just in case it was ever useful.... and so it was !! It worked perfectly and cleared the dust/crumbs out of all the little unreachable corners.

Does anyone else have any good tips, ideas ?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hey Polar Bear: Great idea, the baby bottle brush to clean the little corners. I alway had a problem with that. I will try it, if and when I get to cleaning my car. :roll: It is very hard for me to crawl around in the car when I clean it, like I used too. I now have artheritis which makes alot of things hard.

Thanks for the tip.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Betty, I know what you mean, I'm not as agile as I was, hence the car only being cleaned after 6 months. The car is little, and I am not. You get the picture.

However, as I am now on a steroid (hopefully not for much longer or I will be even bigger) it appears to have the added benefit of relieving a lot of my general aches and pains.

My car is now in showroom condition. :D
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good tip, PB.

I have an odd cleaning tip. My computer keyboard is always full of dust, hair, cookie crumbs, and potting soil (don't ask). I found that a paintbrush - like you would use for trim - is perfect for whisking away all those silly things.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My keyboard problems are cookie crumbs and crunchy nut cornflakes from my random yo-yo computer visits during the night.

A paintbrush..... good one.... I had tried a toothbrush and found it a bit coarse.

(potting soil ?? - do I recall that you propagate african violets)
I really like them, think I may get one tomorrow for the kitchen window.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yup - I keep a spreadsheet of all my plants - mostly gesneriads and mostly African Violets. Every so often I update the info. I hold the plant by the computer and enter how big it is, the last time I repotted it and equally boring things. Sometimes I drop the little ones and the potting soil goes all over....

Oops :lol:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I learned a good tip today.

Taking my dark wash out of the machine I discovered that a pair of black cotton trousers had lots of white detergent marks, they are so hard to remove. So I googled and found that white vinegar poured onto the mark and left for about 10 minutes will dissolve the detergent.

I used the cap of the vinegar bottle to drizzle it onto the marks and actually as I continued I could see the detergent dissolving. It was excellent, like magic. Also a capful of vinegar goes farther than you would think. Trousers reeked..... but then hand washed in liquid detergent and softener and think the vinegar smell is pretty much gone.
Betty