Happy Happy Happy

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Happy Happy Happy

Post by Polar Bear »

I am so happy, my son and his wife are en route from Oregon to stay with us for 3 weeks over Christmas. It is 2 and a half years since he was home.

Our airports were closed for a couple of days, and open today, but more snow on the way. However, one way or another they will be here in the next day or so.

We should have had all 4 boys home for christmas which is unusual as one is in the RAf.

He should have been with us and at the last moment was deployed for a tour of duty. He had the choice of Afghanistan/Iraq in the springtime or Falklands now (has already been in Afg/Iraq 3 times.)
Needless to say he is at present guarding the penguins in the Falklands.

My heart is full.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sleepdancer

Happy

Post by sleepdancer »

What a great time for you and your family! Happy for you. My heart is grateful to all those who are in the service, and to their families. Enjoy your family time!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have a link for Continental airlines status and have been able to watch the flight progress across the USA to Newark. A layover of 6 hours will be followed with a flight across the Atlantic.

My son and his wife are both Ph.d., i.e. doctors but not medical doctors.... now all I have to do is to keep remembering that he does not need minded/guided/advised and he is no longer a child/teen, and is quite capable of managing without mum on his case !!!!! :roll: :roll:
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is just wonderful!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Lots of airports in the uk have been closed cos of snow, and happily Belfast airport reopened just in time and Newark flight arrived as expected. Oh... what a moment when they came into arrivals. My baby was back home, and after 5 minutes home said it felt like he''d never been away.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I thought of you yesterday. I was driving to see my mom and I heard a report on the BBC about the snow and how awful it was. I wasn't sure you'd get your wish. I'm glad you did.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It was -10 C during the daytime, yesterday. This is absolutely unheard of here in UK. During the nighttime it tropped to -20 C and is to last until xmas weekend.

Unprepare as the county is for such weather the roads are still unsafe and public transport in chaos.
Betty

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I'm so happy that you have your "boys" at home for a time, Betty. It sounds like you're getting our normal winter weather over there in N. Ireland! We've been getting buried under snow this year as well.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We are still snowed up, last night was -20. pipes are frozen. Snow is so cold that it was still like powder after a week and it took a lot of work today to make a snowman cos the snow wouldn't 'stick'.

But snowman is now fabulous. He has the most fabulous head of funky hair made up of sugar snap pea pods. And what pleasure it was to see my son and his wife from Oregon, and my little 3 year old step granddaughter work together to build it.

I do go on a bit............ can you tell how happy I am. :D
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'm glad you're going on...it's making me smile. I like smiling and do all too little of it these days!

Managing Your RLS