hearing diffs :) :)

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

hearing diffs :) :)

Post by Polar Bear »

Recenty hubby and I spent a week in an apartment on the north coast, just an hour's drive away. We took with us a few basic food essentials such as milk, bacon etc.

I was putting the perishables from the fridge into a box to put into the car. Hubby says... 'Don't forget baby Jesus'....... I thought I was hearing things. We have a little cloth bag hanging on a peg on our staircase which belongs to our granddaughter, she got it in Sunday School and it has a picture on it that says 'Walk With Me'. She was spending the first few days with us in the apartment. So I put her bag into the car.

Upon our arrival hubby says..... What's this bag for ??
Me: You said to bring it.
Hubby: No I didn't.

He had said 'baby cheeses' !!!!!

Do you have babybel cheeses in the US, the small individual ones in the red wax.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Oh yes, we have those in Canada. How funny. But "jesus" and "cheeses" really are very close; you don't need to be hard of hearing to mix those two up!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

hahaha! Too funny. I can see how you could hear that wrong, and be confused as to why you're supposed to bring baby Jesus on vacation.

BTW, my dh and I watched a Rick Steves Europe show the other night about N. Ireland. It was so interesting - and such a beautiful country!
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It is likely that a programme about N. Ireland would mention The Giants Causeway.... an area at the ocean of octagonal columns... When we go to the north coast we are staying about 10 minutes drive from there. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Yes, they did mention the Giant's Causeway. That is so cool. Dr. B has a picture on the wall of one of the exam rooms of a similar thing in California called "The Devil's Postpile."
Susan