Real Time With Bill Maher

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Sleuth

Real Time With Bill Maher

Post by Sleuth »

On April 15, I was watching "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO. I normally adore this show. About halfway through the show, he brought up RLS and began to belittle the illness by making jokes about it. He mentioned that he often does that in his live comedy routine.

I was so upset that I had to turn off the television.

I tried to find his email address so I could email him but that proved impossible. My only avenue of communication was his Facebook page. I left a message on his wall. I asked him to speak to some RLS sufferers before belittling and making fun of the illness.

I would encourage each and every one of you to find a way to get through to Bill Maher and voice your displeasure at his ignorance.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

<big sigh>
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Another 'big sigh'.....
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I went on his facebook page (you have to "like" him first) and wrote a short piece. Won't do any good but made me feel a little better. It will probably be taken off but who knows?
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)