Things just get better and better! /sarcasm

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Things just get better and better! /sarcasm

Post by Neco »

Just come from the doctor. My RLS/EKD is well under control so that is not why I was there!

I have been having near constant pain/discomfort in my lower left side for a while now.. I was worried it could be kidney stones or kidney failure or something. Last thursday I coughed and stumbled back in pain, because it felt like someone had just stabbed me in the side :x

My doctor said it may be gastritis, and the symptoms do seem to fit. It's more in the front/middle than in my back where the kidneys are. She said to take Prilosec OTC every day for 2 weeks and hopefully it will get better.

I hope it does. My methadone masks a lot of the pain, but if its early morning and I am out working before I come home and take my meds, then I feel pain from all sorts of normal activities.. Walking, bending this way or that, lifting heavy objects.

I just keep having new things wrong with me :(

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Sorry Zach, for your new pains. You aren't as old as me, but that is what keeps happening to me, something new all the time. Go to the doctor and he adds one more medicine to my already growing list.

Maybe the Prilosec will solve the problem. I hope so.

Take care.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Zach, I was taking Omeprazole (the same thing) for chest pain that felt like I was having a heart attack on occasion. The pain settled to central front middle and was not nearly so severe but was constant. The omeprazole didn't take away the discomfort entirely and I was changed to Lanzoprazole 30mg x 2 daily which has been much better.

However, you also talk about the pain in your lower left side, does doc mean this is also a part of a gastric condition.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

That's what I take it to mean.

She examined me, and said that she thought it was gastritis because that's in the general area of the stomach. It is in pretty close proximity so I accept the theory so far.

I will take Prisolec OTC 1x a day for 2 weeks and if it doesn't get better, or gets worse before then, then I will have to go back.

I don't have money to blow like this, so I hope it is nothing more serious