RE: sleep

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Betty/WV

RE: sleep

Post by Betty/WV »

My neuro is young, he takes alot of time with me. I have only seen him a few times. I'm still trying to decide about him. I have given him the Mayo Clinic paper on WED and an article on augmentation. He told me in the beginning that I knew more about WED than he does, because I have it and have researched it. When I started the business of falling asleep while driving, he told me I was sleep deprived. But he leaves alot of my care to the "sleep doctor" that I am not going to go to anymore. It seems like everyone passes the buck, my GP to my neuro, my neuro to my "sleep doctor". I did feel alittle better today. I exercised, and talking to my WED friends helped alot.
Thank you.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ah gee Betty. Things do get better, that's for sure. It's wonderful that you're sleeping, at least. But I know how horrible it is to be unable to do anything but sleep; I found it so intolerable that I went back on a drug that was making me augment!

You've been on the Wellbutrin for a couple of months, right? Has your doctor raised your dose since you started on it? Maybe some untreated depression is casuing issues. But I really think it's the Klonopin :(

You'll have to tell your neuro that he's the only one dealing with your RLS now. Since the sleep issues are an integral part of the disease, I hope he's comfortable with taking it on and helps you find the right combination of meds.

You were so tired before that you were in danger of dropping dead from sheer exhaustion. I was very scared for you. I don't want you to get like that again; hopefully you will keep moving forward with this new neuro.

xoxox
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I think even just a little depression makes everything worse. We feel unable to cope as well and haven't enough strength or motivation to fight as hard as we should for better treatment and understanding.

As B/nights says, perhaps upping the Wellbrutin could be a good idea.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Betty/WV

Re: Sleep

Post by Betty/WV »

This new neuro that I'm going to....since he really does take time with me and will listen to me. I'm thinking he is going to be ok. Thanks for the suggestions about the raising the dose of the Wellbutrin and asking him to take on the WED and finding the meds that will help.

You are so right, when depressed, I just can't deal with everything, and just sort of let everything slide by. Instead of keeping up the fight.

Take care. I know you all are dealing with many things yourselves.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand