Oh god... please shoot me

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Oh god... please shoot me

Post by Neco »

What a crappy morning...

I've had 4 IBS attacks (4 independent movements) within the past 3 hours...

I feel like a car wreck... I hope my Methadone helps the Imodium smooth things over :oops: I keep feeling like a 5th trip to the bathroom is inevitable too..

Well, I guess the bright side is I'm not suffering from lack of sleep and bitching about my RLS instead.. But don't ask me to pick which condition is worse :(

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Well Zach, I think this qualifies as TMI. ;-) But I know what that's like and it's no fun. Have you tried an elimination diet to see if anything you are eating is exacerbating the IBS?
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Zach - 3.5 hours since your post. Lets hope the immodium worked :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Hope it passes (pun intended) quickly. Not a good way to start the weekend for sure.
RLS sux

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

IBS is awful. I know they'll eventually find out what thing or things really causes it and know how to treat it. They sure don't yet, though.

I hope it stopped and is better.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I totally forgot I posted this... heh

I went through the whole elimination thing when I was first diagnosed.. My biggest triggers are

a) too much fat in one meal
b) lactose intolerance (almost a non issue, I take a pill with everything I eat)
c) stress

unfortunately, while I have gotten good at predicting and controlling them, it is not a perfect science :(

Sometimes unknowns or overindulgence creeps in.. This time I think it was the Badger Tracks ice cream :?

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Glad you are feeling better! :-)
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.