Merry Christmas Everyone

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

Merry Christmas Everyone

Post by moonlight »

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year
and thank everyone for the wonderful and much appreciated support
that everyone has given me.

I hope that our rls behaves and allows us to eat SLEEP and be merry :-)

cheers moonlight x
sleep is not only a dream

Polar Bear

Re: Merry Christmas Everyone

Post by Polar Bear »

Yaaaayyyy...... its holiday time.
Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year to all.

My wish for everyone is that we get to rest, have some sleep, and can
find a way to relax and enjoy............
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

We just got our first snow yesterday here so it finally feels like Christmas! My kids are 4 and 6 so it's such a fun time with them and I'm thankful that I'm able to enjoy it more this year because I'm finally getting more than 4 hours of sleep a night, thanks in part to advice from this board. It's such a precious, fleeting time when they are little, as I'm sure many of you can attest to, and I love them so much, and am glad to be able to appreciate it.

I hope all of you have a wonderful RESTFUL holiday!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

And Happy Chanukah to some of us (mmmm,latkes for me :clap:), and Kwanzaa to others....

Mostly, have a safe time and enjoy your families if you are able to spend time with them at this time of year.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

what are these other names you use? .......please dont laugh :-(

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Chanukah - also spelled Hanukkah - is a Jewish celebration also called the Festival of Lights. It usually occurs in early to late December (it's based on a different calendar) and lasts 8 days and nights. Each night you light a candle in a special candle-holder called a Menorah. It celebrates a miracle of temple oil lasting much longer than it should have - 8 days instead of one. You often eat yummy fried foods like potato pancakes (latkes) or doughnuts and families may exchange small presents each night. Children are given and play with dreidels (spinning top) - there is a game that they can play with them.

That's the condensed version of it. For more information, go to http://www.chabad.org/holidays/chanukah ... nukkah.htm

Kwanzaa is an African-American holiday created in the 60's, IIRC. I don't know much about it, other than some of my friends celebrate it. Here is a link to more information about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

thanks ann ive seen several people in past years give these greetings now I know what they are
thanks so much x

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You're welcome.

Managing Your RLS