Re: Exploding Head syndrome

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
badnights

Post by badnights »

you poor thing. I wish you could sleep. LOTS.
I am not sleeping tonight, god is paying me back for that 5 hours :lol:

badnights

Post by badnights »

The other night I woke up hearing a pounding on my door or maybe boots stomping in my hall, but it stopped as soon as I woke up, and the dogs were lying quietly unconcerned. oh no. I've had phones ringing and my name being called, now this. Exploding head syndrome.

Just as I was lying down to sleep I heard it again. My God, it's real! I don't have exploding head syndrome! I finally figured out where it was coming from. The duplex next door is very close to my house, and one of the guys who lived there was .. no kidding ... trying to break down the door to get in. It freaked me out. What if he came over here asking for shelter? How could I refuse at -30C? But he's a bit creepy....

Then he disappeared for 30 minutes and I was just about to go back to bed when he started it up again. I had finally decided to call the police - at least they could keep him from freezing to death - when he managed to break in. So I just let it be. Great night.

I'm only posting this because nobody has said anything for days.... is it Christmas or something?

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

When I first heard about "exploding head syndrome", I thought it was a joke. So I googled it and, low and behold there was such a thing. And I have experienced it. But didn't know what it was. Scared me to death though. I've heard my name called, and heard something that sounded like a brick hit the side of the house. And like you said, my little dog was sleeping soundly, and he barks at everything. Now I know that I have another weird syndrome.

BTW, did you see where the RLS Foundation is working on changing the name Restless Leg Syndrome.?

BETTY/LWV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

badnights

Post by badnights »

Yes, I enetered a "yes". I'd love the name to be changed, but who knows how that would affect ease of discovery of all the existing literature. For the next 50 years people will be saying "......., formerly known as Restless Legs Syndrome". Still it would be good if it could be made to happen somehow.