CST verses now--times listed on the site

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

CST verses now--times listed on the site

Post by rthom »

Cany anyone tell me how to tell what time it is cst now? I'm trying to follow alon and am not sure who was on when --my time. Also if i get a reply that says 3am is that my time or the time of the person posting?
Thanks
:roll:

jstep

Re: CST verses now--times listed on the site

Post by jstep »

I've wondered the same thing. I feel like I am reading/posting behind the actual time on this board. It says it is 1/9/12 at 0410 AM when I clicked on. I live in Texas and here it is 1/8/12 at 1010 pm. So that makes me 6 hours behind.

Jamie

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks for the reply. Mine said 3:49am when I posted it but it's only 11:30pm here now. :? :roll:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Each person has to set their own timezone in their User Control Panel. All profiles default to 0 Universal Time. So, if people haven't set their timezones when they joined, the time stamps will not be correct, including what you see.

To set yours, go the the User Control Panel. Select the Board Preferences tab.

CST in the US is -6 UTC.

Use this chart to find out what your UTC is if you're not sure:
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/html/utc.html
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Universal Time is also known as GMT.
So, I'm lucky, all my timings are correct by default.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

GMT?
Thanks all for the help--trying to figure out when 8 oclock is as per the chat thing. :think:

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, in England.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.