WED folks and allergies

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

WED folks and allergies

Post by rthom »

I have a lot of really bad allergies--some life threatening--makes me wonder if there is a corelation. Like allergies developed as i grew from lack of health--sleep etc. Or is the folks with alot of allergie problems more likely to also have WED or a worse problem with it?

ViewsAskew

Re: WED folks and allergies

Post by ViewsAskew »

Over the years we've tried to find correlations to many things. As of yet, nothing. A few months ago we were noticing that a lot of us had other weird things going on in general. But, when we wrote about it, there were plenty who had no weird things going on. Maybe it's a lack of sleep over time that causes the body to start acting up.

People with some auto-immune disorders seem to have a higher incidence of WED. With celiac disease, it's supposedly because of the lack of iron absorption. But we also see people with diabetes and MS having WED a bit more frequently than normal. Also kidney-failure.

Per allergies, I have mild allergies - my mother has none, my sister has none, my brother has a lot, my uncle none, my grandmother none....but we all have WED. No relation to how often the WED occurs (occasionally, weekly, or daily) and how severe our allergies are. My husband has very mild WED - once every few months. He has allergies and is celiac.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thankd Ann, that pretty much says it all. My allergies have taken a turn for the worse and i'm trying to get an idea why.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I have mild eczema on my hands. No other allergies.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

my eczema goes nots on the meds especially the meds like hydromorph or large amounts of accetametaphin