How do you say it?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

How do you say it?

Post by rthom »

What is the acceptable way of saying WED to a worse degree? I try to be PC but find myself tripping over my tongue--trying not to offend or hurt feelings. Ideas? :think:

badnights

Re: How do you say it?

Post by badnights »

Not sure what you mean.
There are clinically accepted terms: intermittent RLS, moderate RLS, severe RLS.

Unfortunately, the severity is only defined in terms of frequency - something silly like having symptoms more than twice per week is called severe.

There is currently no measure I know of that measures
  • intensity of sensation,
  • amount of body affected, or
  • amount of time during a typical day that is taken up with feeling those sensations,
all of which are just as important aspects of severity as frequency. Whether daily or once-per-month RLS, those other aspects of severtiy also vary among people (and over time for one person), and we currently have no formal way of describing them. I wish someone would try to develop a formal measure for those three aspects of severity.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Re: How do you say it?

Post by rthom »

makes sense to me, but this is helpful.