Christmas 2012

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Christmas 2012

Post by Polar Bear »

Christmas 2012 :wtf: :wave:
I am almost embarrassed to tell you this.....
I am on the email list of the Belfast Opera House who put on a fabulous pantomime each christmas. It runs for 3 weeks with afternoon and evening performances. It is reckoned to be one of the UKs top pantos year after year. Upon looking at the details it shows that Cinderella is this year's choice.

I will be 63 by xmas 2012 and have never ever seen a live pantomime so I had a great idea - let's take our granddaughter (who loves all things Disney/pink/sparkly) to the show for her 5 birthday pressie.

Wow... 3 of us are booked for 15 Dec matinee, its costing a fortune. Shows for the first week are already practically booked out. The wee one can dress up as Cinderella and I might just also borrow one of her tiaras. Hmmm... can't see hubby searching through the dressing up box.

Now.......... I have a reputation for being 'organised'.... but have exceeded myself this time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Re: Christmas 2012

Post by rthom »

GOOD ONE!! And good luck on your 3 hour sit. I did mine last night--(super bowl sunday) with my son. Had a good time--kids are the best! 8)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Fortunately my 3 hour sit will include lots of jumping up and down. 'He's behind you' ............
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Beautiful, have a great night!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How fun!!!!! I want to go, too!!!!!! Guess I'll just have to live it through you, PB :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Oh you're going to have to tell us what it's like. I didn't know such things existed as theatre performances of entire shows in pantomime. What a blast for a little kid! Wish you could send pictures (why don't you dress up as the fairy godmother???)
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

And here's me, thinking I was being brave by going to wear a tiara.
Don't forget that hubby will be with us and whilst he is great fun, he draws the line at any sort of dressing up !!
Betty

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oooh, that sounds like so much fun! I can't imagine planning anything that far ahead, though. I would forget all about it by the time the performance came. Although I have a smart phone now and that really helps with that kind of stuff. We spent a fortune on tickets to Les Miserables in December, but it was so worth it. Not often the whole family goes to a Broadway show.
Susan