African Violets

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Chipmunk

African Violets

Post by Chipmunk »

I don't think I am the only one on this board to get African violets from Ann. How are your transplants doing? I will try to post pics of the ones I have. :)
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: African Violets

Post by Polar Bear »

I love African Violets - but I think it's illegal to send plant life/soil to the UK. :?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I love African Violets. My Grandmother always grew them. DEB

rthom

Post by rthom »

Ours are doing great here. Thanks Anne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad they are doing well!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Here are a couple of Ann's transplants. They started as two big leaves. To be fair, I can't take the credit - my mom has them at her work and they get bright indirect sunlight all day long. I do have one at home that's still hanging in there - I'll post pics when it gets a flower. :)
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Those are the Streptocarpus! I just love their blooms. And that foliage will get huge over time if you keep it all. Looks like the one is Salmon Sunset and the other is....maybe Orchid Lace?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Yes, those pics aren't very good - she's just learning how to use her iPod to take pics but she's only had it a few days. :)

I labeled the sides of the pots with the variety name so I can check for you.
Tracy