What do you collect?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
cmooreinthepines

What do you collect?

Post by cmooreinthepines »

Trying to think of something else to talk about!

I collect HANDS....not real ones but figurines. It started years ago when my Sister and I went to an estate sale they had two small vases known as "vase in hand", it is just as it is called. We bought them and it reminds us of each other. Then I found cupped hands made of porcelian and standing hands, from the wrist up in all kinds of glass, porcelin, ceramic and even a few metal and wood ones. I have a nice pair of wooden ones, a lefty and a righty. Some have fingers spread to hold rings when you do the dishes, others hold vases or glass flowers. I have jewelry charms of hands. Alltogther I have about 40 different hands. The meaning behind the symbolism of the hand or hands, to me, is that I am the kind of person who has a giving heart...I offer my hand out of empathy, to help lift others in a time of need, to show how much I care. To be giving of spirit. I often use them in displays when I sell my jewelry, but they are never for sale.

What do you collect?
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

Polar Bear

Re: What do you collect?

Post by Polar Bear »

Just recently it has been buttons. When there is a pluck on a garment or a grease mark that will not wash out, I choose a few suitable pretty buttons and make a 'scattering' of buttons to hide the flaw. Also I stitch a few across the back etc as well so it looks like they are meant to be there. Usually in groups of at least 3 or 5.

At at present I cannot find a suitable photo frame to compliment a photograph of my granddaughter in her ballet tutu which is purple. So I plan to use a cheap frame and glue on pearly lavender buttons.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Plants, plants, and more plants :-)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Lego all space Lego

cmooreinthepines

Post by cmooreinthepines »

Very crafty and nurturing types here huh? :D
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

Scarlett46

Post by Scarlett46 »

Carousel Horses - some musical, some not...
"After all... Tomorrow is another day!"

Hazel

Post by Hazel »

right now, I've been collecting rocks and library cards! lol The kids have always brought me rocks, sand, dirt from their travels, mostly rocks among a special section of rocks are nose shaped rocks ... and since I began traveling with Will with his work, I've found that I'm accumulating library cards... From my children over the years I have a collection of carousel and rocking horses, owls, movie related banks... buttons clothing & event types; unusual musical instruments...

badnights

Post by badnights »

I am so boring ... I collect nothing but books. Books that I read, and old books, I love old books (but I don't have many old ones).

At night, or in the daytime when I'm too stupid from sleep deprivation to accomplish anything useful, I stand up and read, leaning on the counter. I tend to forget things nowadays (part and parcel of being stupid), so maybe I can stop buying books and just re-read the ones I already have...
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I also love books.... rarely buy a new book. Books are swopped, acquired, bought already used from a charity shop. It is a pleasure to re-read a good book.
Last Christmas I was given a Kindle as a gift, didn't think I'd like it............ I love it.... in my bag at all times. Read it everywhere that I have a few minutes.
Then a few nights ago when I went to read it - it needed recharged. And drat.... I picked up a paper format book. And guess what, it's also nice to hold a paper book, can be a bit heavier to read when lying down, but a pleasure all the same.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation