kindnesses

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

kindnesses

Post by rthom »

I wanted to relate a story of a special kindness from one of the members here. I had been a busy member of this discussion board and just dissappeared one day. A couple of months later I got a call at home from one of the other members to check and see if i was alright. As it turned out my life circumstances changed alot and my computer quit. Due to the other problems I have no reason to blieve that I could get another in the near future but I'm alight was the general gist of the conversation. She said she'd give it some thought and a few weeks later (yesterday) A great donation arrived. This is like christmas early.
(for the first ear ever we can not celebrate it) my wife was so moved she was in tears.
Thanks to all and keep in mind others are thinking of you even if you feel alone.
:mrgreen:

Please take into account I am exceptionally low and this post nowhere near describes how I feel about it---more like 100 times more special. (make sense?) :think:

Polar Bear

Re: kindnesses

Post by Polar Bear »

A beautiful action.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I know you'll value that computer every time you use it, Randy.

Not competing, but complementing Randy's story with the following:

Several years ago I was in financial straits. I lost my insurance and the drug prices were so high without insurance. A very kind member here sent me a check to cover the costs of my meds for a month or two. The member said I could pay back or pay it forward when my finances were straightened out.

This is a VERY special group. I am exceedingly thankful to be with such wonderful people.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

You are absolutely right and I will always value the call that was made to me as it was as impotant (on the warm fuzzy front) as the computer is--just for a different reason.
Thanks soooo much!

badnights

Post by badnights »

If there are miracles in the world, that's what they are. People doing things for each other, simply for love and no other reason.
I am grateful for the people who post here, who lurk here, who make this place the kind of place where miracles can happen. Thank you, I needed a boost today.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

:clap: :wink: