still can't find the thread

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

still can't find the thread

Post by rthom »

LOL i can't remember my own thread. for those that remember--the thing about the bed being an alergy problem and the company not helping. They picked up stuff a few weeks ago was supposed to return the money(7 days) andsurprise surprise 14 later nothing and no one answers my calls well that's unfortunate they would say I bet but I'm having a serious night-(-been about 3 minths now without a bed)--and I really am lost. My shots (will be another week) are overdue for the back pain and have ad about a week of next to no sleep. I just have no fight left for this crap. So tired and hate that everyhing seems to not to go as it should. If it's me I need to change it if not, I just don't understand how t make it ok, for all or any of us. I can't believe they would choose to leave me without a bed and give to charity the one they seem to be stealing from me. I'm such a sucker

debbluebird

Re: still can't find the thread

Post by debbluebird »

The only thing I can think of is to write a letter and threaten a law suit. Keep calling ? I hope you have the receipt.
I'm sorry you have to go through this.

DEB

rthom

Post by rthom »

Done, Done, Done and thank-you. The lawyer was the only reason they did anything about it in the first place.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I get the no fight left part. It really does wear you down. I suppose all of us have crap like this all the time. It's the constant background noise of the WED that saps all the energy and makes everything else seem monumental.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Appologies folks, was just the result of a series of really bad nights--feeling guilty for feeling sorry for myself etc... Sometimes it's hard to find a reason to fight and yet who isn't afraid to quit. Some nights just weem so much worse than others (depression wise) and although it makes sense given the lack of sleep etc. I really can't figure out why it is so different than the day. Some periods of time it seems that I can't actually survive the night (last night) but I don't understand that and don't know if the WED was not a problem what it'd be like.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

There is a whole mix going on, the WED symptoms, the depression, the lack of sleep, and like the chicken and the egg, who knows where the circle starts, it all interacts and the result is abject misery.
I think night is different from the day, in terms of coping, because it is 'expected' that we get our rest and our peaceful time during the night. And so everyone else it seems is having a blissful sleep and there we are in torment.
Don't feel guilty about feeling sorry for yourself.
There is a lot going on, enough is going on that it would actually be very strange if you didn't sometimes feel sorry for yourself.

Oh..... the what ifs...... what would it be like without our WED.... I'm sad to say that none of us will ever know.
We are just handling the cards that we have been dealt.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks PB, do feel that sometimes I should know better--been dealing with it so long etc. But the what if thing I ususally think not of (dont believe it's at all helpful) except in things like this where I'm tring to decide if WED is the problem or if it's a combination of that with someting else--requiring my attention (like depression etc.) If life could be better it's my responsibility to make it better (if not for myself then for my family). Thus the earlier comments---make sense?

P.s. For those who remember--I'm at it again with the 2-3 min sleep at a time (3-4 times a day/night) thing for the last 6-7 nights--I hope tonight is different. Am not happy night is coming. My plan---don't think about the big pink elephant--and if I see any .....no idea--lol :lol: :shock:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:Thanks PB, do feel that sometimes I should know better--been dealing with it so long etc. But the what if thing I ususally think not of (dont believe it's at all helpful) except in things like this where I'm tring to decide if WED is the problem or if it's a combination of that with someting else--requiring my attention (like depression etc.) If life could be better it's my responsibility to make it better (if not for myself then for my family). Thus the earlier comments---make sense?

P.s. For those who remember--I'm at it again with the 2-3 min sleep at a time (3-4 times a day/night) thing for the last 6-7 nights--I hope tonight is different. Am not happy night is coming. My plan---don't think about the big pink elephant--and if I see any .....no idea--lol :lol: :shock:

Of course it is the WED...the whole thing is this damn disease. You can try to compartmentalize it, but why try? WED causes depression. WED causes one to be drugged up all the time, it causes poor relationships due to lack of sleep, it causes life to suck, it causes poor sleep, it causes restlessness, it causes disoriented thinking, it causes weight gain, it causes lack of a social life, it causes so many terrible things in one's life that if you listed them to a person without WED they would think you insane, or yeah, it causes unknowing doctors to think you are insane, depressed, whatever. I am so sick of this [insert favorite expletive here] trip I am on, we are on, that I feel like barfing on the imbeciles who make the drug laws (at least that would give me a little joy) -- one of these days I'll tell you what I really think -- and oh, I'm sure I have left a lot out too because WED also messes with one's memory. I was just going to apologize, but I can't remember what for - have a good restful evening - at least one of us should have one.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks for the thought (good restful sleep thing), but it seems that'll have to be on your end tonight (at least so far). Anyway, in answer to your question, I have to try to change whatever I can, so i ask these seemingly olbviously useless questions to give myself a way to improve myself and thus improve my life. I really need something to improve or I am going to loose my family, and if that happens there's no reason for me to put up with all this. But being an idealist If I'm causing alot more stress than positive in the lives of my family--why would I do that to them. So I need to make whatever changes I can--no matter how small. Make sense?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We come to the chicken/egg circle, stressed and upset about badly you yourself feel, but even more stressed and worried about how surrounding family are being affected. Then get more stressed worrying about being stressed/worrying.

I felt better when I became accepting - this disease is here and it is not going away.
Fortune has been on my side because my husband, who has no idea how the symptoms feel, totally sees and understands my absence from the bedroom in the middle of the night. I am so glad that he doesn't come looking to see how I am, because that would upset me that his sleep was being affected. I just want to be left alone to get on with it.
Again, I am fortunate that my symptoms are mostly under control and when I am up for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of every night it is not always because of symptoms (sometimes it is).... it is usually insomnia.

However, If my symptoms were out of control, if my sleep was less than the little that I am getting .... acceptance may be an impossible task.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Last night I dozed off once-when I woke I asked my wife about it--it was less than 2min. Sleep never came again. But at least by 6:15 the veil lifted in my brain and the daylight felt much better. Glumness is gone again for one more day. I am always thankful for that.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:Thanks for the thought (good restful sleep thing), but it seems that'll have to be on your end tonight (at least so far). Anyway, in answer to your question, I have to try to change whatever I can, so i ask these seemingly olbviously useless questions to give myself a way to improve myself and thus improve my life. I really need something to improve or I am going to loose my family, and if that happens there's no reason for me to put up with all this. But being an idealist If I'm causing alot more stress than positive in the lives of my family--why would I do that to them. So I need to make whatever changes I can--no matter how small. Make sense?

I know dude, I was becoming unglued last night from lack of sleep, I'm just so sick of this crap. I am happy that you have a family and I hope you can work it all out. I'm glad that my family has grown up and have their own lives now - I'm not too happy about dragging my wife down with me but then she is starting to have her own problems that may end up being worse than mine! Some people truly do live charmed lives, I'm just not one of them, at least not anymore. Things can always be worse though, so we should be happy for the things we do have for sure. dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssYeah, I just fell asleep. :roll: