Superbowl--

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

Superbowl--

Post by rthom »

Who you rooting for?

Polar Bear

Re: Superbowl--

Post by Polar Bear »

Haven't a clue..... Im in the UK.....:)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Good for you, at least you probably have lighta. lol!! (the game has been delayed due to the lights going out in the stadium--half the light went out)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hubby doesn't care at all, though I grew up in a very sports-oriented family. I have the game on in the background while I'm doing some work for my client.

Many years ago, I moved away from home (1000 miles) after college. My first winter away and I couldn't afford to come home for the holidays. My mom's family is Christian and celebrates Christmas. I wanted to see my family - I missed them! My step-dad made some small bets and parlayed the wins into about $300. My mom called and told me that dad had made this money and we only needed a bit more. He bet the whole wad on the 49ers in a game in early December. I worked the night they played, but had a radio on in the lunchroom and was checking it all night long. They lost with a stupid play in the 4th.

I was at work, all alone 1000 miles from my family, and feeling mighty teary that night! About a week later, my boss gave me my Christmas bonus. I opened the card to find a round-trip ticket home and a week off (paid). He was the best boss ever.

I still hate those 49ers, though!

Besides Jim Harbaugh was a crappy Bears quarterback and I never like him much. So, I'm rooting for the Ravens. But, boy, the 49ers just scored, the Ravens just screwed up majorly and then the punt return was awesome....looks like the momentum has changed! Hopefully the Ravens can get their mojo back.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

My wife is rooting for the ravens too--just to make sure our family wins(she's never watched a game before and is trying to be supportive of me). I'm for the 49ers. either way we win i guess!!lolol It's intense now though eh?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It was very tense! Well, your wife and I win - yippee!

It was nice of her to watch with you. And sorry you lost....(sort of....)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

yah, yah,yah. lolol!!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

We watched it for the commercials - sad but true. What about the Wizard of Oz being remade! It is called, according to the Super Bowl commercial, Oz the Great and Powerful. I personally have watched the old movie over 40 times :lol: I can't wait to go to the new movie. I even called my mother up during the Super Bowl and asked her if she had seen the commercial. She had just got in from going out somewhere so missed it. She has probably seen it over 50 times! Anyway, as usual, we picked the losing team :(

rthom

Post by rthom »

my wife was watching for the commercials--lol--but was dissappointed--almost all were old norm commercials---was it like that where u watched?

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:my wife was watching for the commercials--lol--but was dissappointed--almost all were old norm commercials---was it like that where u watched?

Some super weird commercials like Doritos, a goat, and a guy. The goat is going to beat the ---- out of the guy for hiding the Doritos.

rthom

Post by rthom »

lololol :lol: :lol:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:lololol :lol: :lol:

You just can't make up stuff like that :lol: yet somebody does.

rthom

Post by rthom »

am looking for one of your posts, can't find it
You were asking about body temp changes etc..