TG for tv

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

TG for tv

Post by rthom »

I've been having some bad nights. Would feel like freaking out/screaming or whatever. I am very greatful for funny dumb tv shows to help with the manotny. I have been watching duck dynesty. Funny folks. :lol: Anyway nights would be much longer without mindless shows.

Polar Bear

Re: TG for tv

Post by Polar Bear »

To show how we are all different, I never think of watching the tv, its a bee line for the computer. I am awake and up out of bed for at least 2 hours each night. It has come to almost be 'my time' - because there is no point in fighting the insomnia.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

That's me too, I have the pc set up in front of the tv, but I fin in the late part of the night My arms and my brain don't want to work so reading for info is frustrating and my raising and holding my arms up to keyboard is really annoying. Also folks arn't on for distraction much. That's why i have the tv on the go then. I find when it's really bad I just can't do anything more than read on the pc anyway. It's funny it never used to be that way, it's like it takes the last of my energy or something, and something that should be helping is feeling like it's wearing down the last of my energy and gets on my nerves, and then of course I feel bad that I don't help others as much...that nasty revolving negitivity...on and on and on till something changes for my sleep or mindstate.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Never ever feel that you don't help folks much. (Note that I am shaking my finger at you like a school marm ... lol )
You are always there for folks, to answer their posts and to relate your own experiences.
And every question that is asked may be a question that someone else has wanted to ask.

With regard to passing time during the night = Have you tried the audio books, I found them good. Especially when I was awake but didn't have any WED symptoms and could still lie in bed. It was best to choose a book that was 'light' rather than a complicated story line because drifting off to sleep doesn't help for good continuity. Or a book of very short stories, they worked ok to aid drifting off.
''''Confessions of a GP'''' by Benjamin Daniels was quite funny but also informative and interesting, and you could drop it and start again anywhere in it, each section was only a few pages. And it is only £0.99p on Amazon UK.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

ty good idea
and t for the kind words

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

The only thing is.... because of drifting off to sleep (which is good) the machine is left running and needs to be very regularly charged up. If you use an earpiece in just one ear it is much more comfortable lying in bed. :thumbup:
Betty

rthom

Post by rthom »

:roll: :thumbup: :clap:

jakesmom

Post by jakesmom »

I don't know if its on audio book. But if you have a strange sense of humor, and I do, read Politically Correct Bedtime Stories and Politically Correct Fairy Tales. You will laugh so much you will forget the pain.