Sleep clocks

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

Sleep clocks

Post by rthom »

Check out this link-- Viewsaskew Maybe it's your situation? :roll: :problem: :wave:
I do like these funny guys :problem: :shh: :thumbup: :wave:

http://non24.sleepfoundation.org/facts_prevalence.html
Last edited by rthom on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Re: Sleep clocks

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oops - no link. What's it to, rthom?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

appologies

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks.

I've considered this and delayed sleep phase disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sl ... e_disorder or http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NE ... 2103272417

My symptoms, I think, seem more consistent with DSPD - the phase disorder. I can pretty much settle into a pattern of going to bed around 4 to 5 AM and up between noon and 1 PM. If I need to I can move it up to 2 AM, or even midnight for a night or two, but it always heads back to 4 to 5 AM. Sometimes it does move forward even farther though, to 8 or 9 AM. That's when I wonder if it's the 24 hours one....

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Ah yes, I wondered because at one time you said it seems your sleep keeps advancing like your clock was more than 24 hr. Depending on the time--either one seems to fit. I wonder if it is a common WED thing?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

rthom wrote:Ah yes, I wondered because at one time you said it seems your sleep keeps advancing like your clock was more than 24 hr. Depending on the time--either one seems to fit. I wonder if it is a common WED thing?

I know Beth has said that she has delayed sleep phase - and if my brother and sister are any indication (both have WED, too and my brother has severe PLMS), it may! My grandfather owned a restaurant, all of us worked in it at some point or another, and my mom and brother have stayed in hospitality and prefer working evenings and sleeping all morning.

I was just working for my client. Midnight on Good Friday, and I'm sending out emails, scheduling meetings.....I used to be concerned about what my clients must think. I still wonder, but I can't care anymore or I wouldn't work! My work day happens between noon and midnight most days.

Managing Your RLS

rthom

Post by rthom »

Appologies if I got the wrong person.
Hope you are done for a day or two. Is it at least managable? :roll:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

rthom wrote:Appologies if I got the wrong person.
Hope you are done for a day or two. Is it at least managable? :roll:
\\

You didn't get the wrong person - we both have something like this. She's pretty sure she has the delayed phase. I'm not as sure, but I know it's one or the other.

When I took the Horizant earlier in the month, I managed to move my bed time to 2 AM for a few nights. Then it moved to 4 AM within a short time. Then 5, 5:30 for a few nights, and 6 AM last night.

Managing Your RLS

rthom

Post by rthom »

Sorry to hear that, is work ok or getting hard? Do you think Is it at least going to be managable long term?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

rthom wrote:Sorry to hear that, is work ok or getting hard? Do you think Is it at least going to be managable long term?

Tonight I'll try taking either a Lyrica, Horizant, or Trazedone - all will knock me out for about 12 hours. If I take it at 1 AM, I can hope to move it forward for at least a few weeks. It may take a couple nights.

So far I'm making it work with the job. I've had some 8 and 9 AM meetings - I usually wake up five minutes before, try to clear my voice, make the call, and go back to bed. It's working because they are virtual meetings. I couldn't make this work if I had to be at a place of business.

On most days, I figure I can make it work. For as long as I can remember, my common response to things has been, "How hard can it be?" Sometimes I met with things that were a LOT harder than I thought, but usually, things weren't that bad.

The longer I live with this, the harder it's getting to say,"How hard can it be?" I'm starting to admit defeat to at least some aspects of the whole encompassed sleep problem. Today, at least, I think that I'll figure something out when it gets tough again. It may be reinventing what I do or winning the lottery, but something will work out. Not sure what my answer will be tomorrow.

Managing Your RLS

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hmm, Sounds like not good news, not bad news, just day by day? I hope it gets better at least to the ok stage.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, I honestly think you are brilliant, always able to push yourself and appear on top of things.
Which, yes of course, is like the duck swimming serenely on the pond and the wee feet going like the hammers underneath the water.
Of course your clients don't know that, or that you are back into bed immediately the meeting has finished, and nor do they need to know.
When the end result is a job done... everyone is happy.
I applaud your capability to adapt and put such effort into making this work.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Yah, what she :thumbup: said!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:Ann, I honestly think you are brilliant, always able to push yourself and appear on top of things.
Which, yes of course, is like the duck swimming serenely on the pond and the wee feet going like the hammers underneath the water.
Of course your clients don't know that, or that you are back into bed immediately the meeting has finished, and nor do they need to know.
When the end result is a job done... everyone is happy.
I applaud your capability to adapt and put such effort into making this work.

Not sure I have any other options! Thanks for the encouragement.

Managing Your RLS