IMAX 3D Jurassic Park

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
EeFall

IMAX 3D Jurassic Park

Post by EeFall »

OMG we went and saw Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D yesterday and it was just about as good as a movie can get. I don't know how they do it but the 3D makes it a new movie.

ViewsAskew

Re: IMAX 3D Jurassic Park

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'll have to take your word for it! Sometime in my 30's I developed motion sickness. 3D movies make me feel ill :-(. The last time I saw one I spent the whole movie with my eyes shut!

But, if you can enjoy it, I bet this would be a GREAT 3D movie.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Cool !

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I'll have to take your word for it! Sometime in my 30's I developed motion sickness. 3D movies make me feel ill :-(. The last time I saw one I spent the whole movie with my eyes shut!

But, if you can enjoy it, I bet this would be a GREAT 3D movie.

The new 3D at the movies is better now, it might not bother you. I shouldn't even be able to watch them because I had the lazy eye surgery when I was 3 and it was about 80% successful so my eyes act a little differently than most people. One thing I can do is look at two pictures sitting together that were shot at different angles and my eyes can look at them and combine them so that I see a third image in the middle that is 3D :lol:

My wife and I took my mother to go see the Jurassic Park movie and last year she became nearly totally blind in one eye from, I guess they call it, an eye stroke. 90% of her vision is obscured by blood at the center of eye, yet her brain is able to to use just the 10% that she herself cannot really use and she sees 3D! We discovered that at our house last year when we got her to try the 3D, she wasn't even going to try it, yet with my weird eyes I had a feeling it might work, and it did!

We have a 3D LED/LCD TV also and it uses special 3D glasses that you charge up. We watched the Hobbit movie on it awhile back and it was fantastic! I can see that 3D movies are really finally taking off. How they can take old movies that were shot from one camera perspective and make them 3D I haven't a clue. Last week at home I watched Top Gun, the old 80's movie in 3D and it also was very impressive. The whole quality of the movie was better. I think they digitize the movies and fix them up besides making them 3D. I would love to see an old black and white movie turned into color and 3D like maybe White Christmas which is already also color. Gone with the Wind is my all time favorite which was shot in color, 3D would be excellent.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I will also confess something that I mentioned at work and got laughed at lol. Last Sunday before we went to the movie I took my wife and mother to a nail salon and my mother had a fill (some new term for me lol) and my wife got a manicure and pedicure...and I got the same! My wife, I swear, has been trying to get me to do that for over 30 years. She was a little down because she had to work Saturday and wanted to do something fun for Sunday. I setup the nail salon, then we ate at an Italian restaurant, then the movie. Everyone enjoyed me getting a manicure and pedicure (no nail color!) including the ladies doing the work :D

I have to say that I had no idea exactly what it meant to get these two things. I just figured it was easy, I can do it in about one minute. One gal did my toes, the other did my fingers and it included massage of the hands and feet. They also used hot rocks on my feet and legs. It was so relaxing I almost fell to sleep. They had these little tiny tweezer tools that removed skin from all around my nails. I have had problems from my thumbs mostly splitting skin by my nails, very painful. They removed all of the dead tissue. My fingers and toes look like newborns. I forgot to mention the tiny hot tub for the feet! Very hot swirling water to soak the feet. They kept my hands in hot water too when they weren't being worked on. By the time I left that place I was so relaxed I had to force my legs to start walking again :lol:

So now I'm thinking there is a women conspiracy to keep men away from those places (except for the fact that my wife has been trying to get me to do it for years). My wife told some girlfriends at work what I did and they told her that she shouldn't have done that because now I would be wanting to do it all the time! See, it is a conspiracy.