Puzzles

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
rthom

Puzzles

Post by rthom »

Ok, so it's apparent that tonight is not going to be a good one. I have too much trouble to stay in bed trying to sleep (or even rest) so I'm starting a puzzle that was gifted me. It's one I have never done before, a 4D puzzle, a timeline city puzzle. It has no sort of instruction and I have no Idea what 4D is. I've done 3D puzzles, buildings, castles etc. But I can't get a picture in my head of the difference between them and the 4D. Anyone done them before? What is the 4th D?

It's only 1100 pieces but still I don't really want to frustrate myself needlessly so any help would be appreciated. :roll: :shock:

Polar Bear

Re: Puzzles

Post by Polar Bear »

I hadn't heard of a 4D jigsaw and so googled it. I can see how 3D works. Can's see how it differs from 4D.
Perhaps more layers ??
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Just box of pieces at this end---got part done---outside and about 10% of the bottom I guess

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My house is so small, that I don't have a place where I can put a puzzle. I would love to have one though. Yours sounds great.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Maybe the finished puzzle is one of those brain teaser laser paintings that when you look at it real hard for a while it pops out at you in 3D, other than that I don't know.

rthom

Post by rthom »

It is a regular looking puzzle that you build in layers and add plastic buildings at some point. I only have it on a piece of wood 17" by 35", same space problem. In keeping with the no sleep theme the bed has come in really handy for sorting pieces. :-) Bet you all didn't know I was an optimist before now---lololol

badnights

Post by badnights »

Since the 4th dimension is time, maybe the finished puzzle will consist of a series of 3D structures, representing the same thing as it changes over time.

(I'm a geologist, that's how we represent 4D :))
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

you are likely right as it is the history of a city I think