Snow

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
debbluebird

Snow

Post by debbluebird »

I live in Northern Colorado in a big valley in the mountains. Our altitude is 8200 feet. We got our first snow today. It started last night. We got about a foot and it's still snowing. Don't have to go anywhere so it's nice to be snowed in. :D

Polar Bear

Re: Snow

Post by Polar Bear »

Wow !!
First snow I've heard of this year
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's been really warm here - much warmer than normal. We hit the 58F on Sunday - which still is pretty warm - but it will seem cold since it's been so warm. If it snowed right now, I'd be in shock!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

shelby1

Post by shelby1 »

I recently joined this forum and read your post. I live in NW South Dakota and that storm dumped 30 inches of wet snow in our area and we had power outages lasting two weeks because so many poles went down in rural areas. The livestock losses were horrible and people will be feeling the financial effects of this storm for a long time. The winter so far has been unusually cold but not a lot of snow yet after the October storm. Makes for a long winter!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

shelby1 wrote:I recently joined this forum and read your post. I live in NW South Dakota and that storm dumped 30 inches of wet snow in our area and we had power outages lasting two weeks because so many poles went down in rural areas. The livestock losses were horrible and people will be feeling the financial effects of this storm for a long time. The winter so far has been unusually cold but not a lot of snow yet after the October storm. Makes for a long winter!

It got VERY cold here early...but little snow until yesterday. It's still snowing - guess I'm glad I didn't shovel yet. But, NOTHING like what either of you have to deal with.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

shelby1 wrote:I recently joined this forum and read your post. I live in NW South Dakota and that storm dumped 30 inches of wet snow in our area and we had power outages lasting two weeks because so many poles went down in rural areas. The livestock losses were horrible and people will be feeling the financial effects of this storm for a long time. The winter so far has been unusually cold but not a lot of snow yet after the October storm. Makes for a long winter!

Sorry to hear that you had the power outages. We've only had a couple of inches of snow every few days. It's been in the 20's mostly during the day. Dips lower ever so often. Once we get past February, it's not so bad. The snow gets heavier though. We still get a lot of sunshine.

AussieRodney

Post by AussieRodney »

Snow? What's that? Oh, yeah, something they get in the Winter up in the snowfields.

I'm in Australia & we are just finishing Summer. We had a blistering heat wave, up over your century for a week or two & since then, it's been cool with occasional rain.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I don't like blistering heat anymore than freezing cold! As I get older, I have less tolerance for anything that's not sunny and 70, lol.

Managing Your RLS