Having a bad week

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Re: Having a bad week

Post by ViewsAskew »

When looking at 100% from the 80 percent side, it seems invincible. When looking at it from the 20% side, that's a completely different feeling.

When will you know - immediately after or will it take days/weeks to get the results? Please do let us know.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

I've been told 5 business days, and I've been told 24-48 hours. Since the procedure is Wed afternoon, I am going to TRY to not expect news before the weekend :-)

Because of all the miscommunication, I now have the oncologist calling me almost every day. I've had the same OB-GYN for years and years, and the Radiologist doing the procedure is an old friend of my OBGYN. Bottom line, I will know as soon as they know...I'm expecting them to race to be the first to tell me ;-)

I really do have a most excellent team (with the exception, perhaps, of the oncologist's secretary, despite her efforts). I now have the oncologist's direct email and cell phone number so we can skip the secretary,

Thanks again for caring...means more than you know <3

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Skipping the people who are not performing is good for you - not so good for the system and the others! Hope the oncologist takes the time to try and improve the secretary's performance - or replaces her if this job is not a good fit. I would think that an oncologist needs and excellent secretary and people in his/her staff with excellent communication skills. I digress - a soapbox of mine :-)

5 business days must seem as an eternity :-(. here's hoping the lab is fast and you know more quickly. Not knowing is very hard. Once you know, you can focus your energies however needed.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Exactly Ann! I feel like I know so much about RLS, and Melanoma, but next to nothing about breast issues. And I'd rather not know about them!! But this state of limbo is killing me. I don't know why I think I will feel better after the biopsy (perhaps because I will have done everything I can???) but hope that I find peace between the biopsy and the results. Who knows??? I guess I will come Thursday morning haha

Joanie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Not knowing is the worst .....
If you assume that you won't hear anything before the 5 business days (yeah right... as if that's easy to do !! )
Then any news before than will be a bonus to end the waiting.
Of course you have already been telling yourself this ..... psyching into the frame of mind to hope to find the peace to take you through to the results.
Please know that we are all behind you..... the wind beneath your wings :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

That is what is so incredible about our community! I am going through something totally unrelated to RLS/WED and you guys have been terrific!! Words cannot express my gratitude :-)

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

BENIGN!!! So I am DONE with cancer, both real and potential. My Radiologist called Friday afternoon as soon as results hit her desk so I could enjoy my weekend. I think she was almost as excited as I was!!

Thanks again for all the support!!

Joanie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

OMG... the hair is standing on the back of my neck... and is travelling over my scalp ... WONDERFUL.... I am so happy for you.
And kudos to your Radiologist for caring enough to ring you.
Brilliant news.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was nervous as I opened this. So WONDERFUL! Truly wonderful news.

Enjoy your weekend.

Managing Your RLS

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Really, really, really great news.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Thanks everyone!! My husband and I own a house for men in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. We are settling on our second recovery house later this month. I just couldn't imagine taking on that task (selling different rental property, buying this one, furnishing from scratch, and welcoming eight more men into our family!!) while battling breast cancer. I am so pumped to get on with life!! I had upped my antidepressant (Lexapro) to 40mg so my legs are going nuts but I just cut back to 30mg. Ready for life on life's terms again!!

Bless each and every one of you for all your thoughts and prayers and good wishes!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:clap: :clap:
Betty