Catchy Stuff...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Re: Catchy Stuff...

Post by ViewsAskew »

Another take of Happy: very fun video created by some kids at camp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KSKS3TTbc
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

It really blew up when it came out for some reason. People in cities all over the world have made videos, I even saw a Star Wars (Tunisia set) one the other day.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I think it's one of those universal songs - it's about someone who's experiencing joy and is sharing it. That comes through - the beat, the lyrics, the hook - it's all about embracing feeling good. It's sort of infectious.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Been watching a lot of AMV's this week (Anime Music Videos) and came across one using footage from an American made series called RWBY.

It's free to watch and actually pretty funny. So if you like humor I guess you might like it. The episodes are very short format (under 15m) but so far its been pretty good.
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more

Neco

Post by Neco »

So.. apparently I have been bitten by the "Babymetal" bug. They put on a pretty good live show from what I have seen on Youtube, especially for being so young. Not sure how old they are now, but when the group was formed they were 12, 12, and 16 I think. They've played plenty of Metal venues in North America and Europe, and played in the US recently as part of a Lady Gaga tour; so I guess they're getting noticed.

Can't say I like all their songs, some sound more "pop" than others, and when it comes to Metal, I tend to like really heavy songs; but when they get the J-pop/Metal blend right, it sounds really good. They put a unique spin on their mythology as well; instead of using the usual "metal" hand sign, they use a sign for the Fox. Apparently they were given pictures to look at but didn't really get it, and decided it looked kind of like a fox and went with that. The Fox is pretty much a running theme for the group now.

This is a good example (and its translated)
Music Video version

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't seen them...but your post reminded me of a period where I went through You Tube reviewing musical prodigies - kids like 5 that could play Beethoven or 10 that could sing like a Diva. It was a LOT of fun....and sort of maddening because with a lifetime of practice, I could never be that good :-).

Managing Your RLS

Neco

Post by Neco »

Youtubers React to Sesame Street: Old School

Man, this stuff just would not fly on TV these days. That's sad. I can't believe the first season comes with an Adults Only warning label..

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Neco wrote:Youtubers React to Sesame Street: Old School

Man, this stuff just would not fly on TV these days. That's sad. I can't believe the first season comes with an Adults Only warning label..

That was fascinating.

In some ways today's kids (because of the internet) know/see more than likely any other generation in history. Yet, in others (at least in the US), they are more protected than any other generation in history. Maybe one is the backlash to the other.

Managing Your RLS

Neco

Post by Neco »

I remember being 12 and getting on AOL for the first time. It was pretty amazing, and before you knew it I was off. Doubly so when I discovered the actual Internet (web sites etc). You could find just about anything you were interested in even back in those days. Maybe not "Rule 34" stuff, but that's certainly changed as well..

Sometimes, I do wish I would wake up and be that age again, my current situation being nothing more than a nightmare :?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Neco wrote:I remember being 12 and getting on AOL for the first time. It was pretty amazing, and before you knew it I was off. Doubly so when I discovered the actual Internet (web sites etc). You could find just about anything you were interested in even back in those days. Maybe not "Rule 34" stuff, but that's certainly changed as well..

Sometimes, I do wish I would wake up and be that age again, my current situation being nothing more than a nightmare :?

In the early 90's, working on my Master's degree, I was dating someone about ten years older. He had never seen a computer or used one. I was trying to get him interested. He just wouldn't try it.

So, one day I sat with him, determined to find a way to show him just how COOL it was. - the Internet, that is. So, I was on a search engine and said, "Look. You can type anything in here and you'll be amazed. Let's type in sex." I typed in sex, hit return, and there were hundreds of thousands of results. I had never searched on sex before and while I figured I'd find a lot, I figured hundreds of results, not hundreds of THOUSANDS!

I never had trouble with him using the computer after that.....

Managing Your RLS

Neco

Post by Neco »

If you're bored, you can watch this documentary called "Get Lamp", about a topic very near and dear to my heart.
Before my treatment went to crap, I'd been working on programming a game engine to make text based games, similar to the MUDs I'd grown up playing in my teens. I guess you can think of Text Games / MUDs as an interactive version of a book. In the case of MUDs, an interactive book you could experience with hundreds of other people in real-time. There were some nights, after I dropped out of Highschool, where I could spend 14 hours online, playing with anywhere from 500 - 2000 other people on the same server. My diet was coffee and cigarettes :lol: They can be pretty engrossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRhbcDzbGSU

Neco

Post by Neco »

For those who like classical music, I found this today while digging through Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2iX7Le ... Rw&index=1

This is a playlist from "CastleVania: The Concert", mostly from a performance in Sweden it seems. It is basically a full symphony with a rock band, and organ, playing various pieces from the CastleVania video game franchise. CastleVania has music widely regarded as some of the best and most memorable ever composed for video games. Even if you don't know anything about games you should be able to appreciate the music. Also, the Japanese composer for Symphony of The Night (a mostly orchestral soundtrack) sits in with them to play some of her own compositions.

I only wish the recording quality was better (360p), but it looks like a fan recording. Still easy to listen to.

Note: The Playlist is littered with bits of other things as well for some reason, so you'll have to pick through it at times to find all the concert pieces. They are not in proper order but if I ever find a full performance I will replace the link.

Neco

Post by Neco »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpNR1nT86w

This may be more to peoples liking as well. It's a full concert with good audio quality, featuring music from the Final Fantasy series.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Back with some more music.. I came across this artist a while ago, not really sure what the official genre is, but its like an Retro 80's synth / horror kind of thing.

The first is a music video for She is Young, She is Beautiful, She is Next...

Then there is this song, which is pretty cool. Raining Steel

sleepdancer2

Post by sleepdancer2 »

I had not seen this thread for a while. I see I'm enjoying some of the same things others are enjoying. A part of me loves this internet age, another part - not so much. It's like the wild wild west out there. For instance, there is a viral video out there with over 20 million views that says it's by Justin Bieber, but the truth is, some YouTuber knucklehead copied another kid's cover of the song "How to Love", edited the pitch and slowed it down a bit, then posted it saying it was a leaked song by Bieber. At one time there were over 100 copied uploads. This happens a lot, because big names get big views. The video with over 20 million views is one of those 2nd tier copies. The original offender must have got nervous because they took theirs down once radio stations picked up on it, believed it, and started playing it as Bieber. But it was too late to take back the many copies.
The Not Really Justin Bieber Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-RzMyufZKk
Cover by Tae Brooks that Was Copied - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al4G6Txl_Pk
Tae Brooks Now Singing Lois lane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llKRCeWEKTw
At least he didn't let that experience cause him to stop.

Always love the surprises on the singing competition shows. Probably watched more of those videos than I should.

Like a good documentary too. Best one I saw recently was on the effect of the reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone National Park. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q
My Augmentation Sleep Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c