Catchy Stuff...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Catchy Stuff...

Post by Neco »

Since I haven't slept for like 3 days now... save a couple hours total, I've spent a lot of time on Youtube.

I know some of you are a fair bit older than I am, some old enough to be my parents, but there's still a chance you might like some of these.

Pharrell Williams - Happy I think there are quite a few celebrity cameos in this video, so far I've spotted Jay-Z, Jimmy Kimmel, Magic Johnson, and I think Steve Carell. There are also other musicians/producers I don't recognize or know the names of.

Live Performance of above, from Saturday Night Live. The kids kind of sell it emotionally. Takes you back to childhood.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky featuring Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers I don't know if this is a legit official video, there exist several versions because when the song came out, there was no official video. I know MTV made a version using existing promo materials and I think I recognized some animation from Daft Punks "Interstellar 5555" concept video/Anime.

This is the 56th Grammy version, where they included Stevie Wonder as a performer. I liked it a lot more than the standard video.

This last one is a cover by a harpist on the "The Voice UK". Its really beautiful. No bull - it made me cry.
Last edited by Neco on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

ViewsAskew

Re: Catchy Stuff...

Post by ViewsAskew »

You have been watching a lot of video stuff!

I love Pharell's Happy. I don't recognize anyone, unfortunately. I'm sort of not good with faces/names. Can't wait to see others you linked to.

Hope you sleep soon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

You will totally love this http://24hoursofhappy.com/

It's a 24-hour interactive version of the music video. You can skip ahead to different points in the day, or go back, etc and it remains synced up to the soundtrack.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I love Happy also, only just heard of this guy via this song.
And like Views, I didn't recognise any cameos - == thank you.
Love it.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Depending on who you talk to the song has a religious meaning behind it; but according to the guy who actually wrote it, it was about overcoming anxiety and depression type stuff.

Either way its an interesting video. If not at least for the puppeteering work.

If you're familiar with the actor Lou Diamond Phillips, he plays the bad guy in the video.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I watched the 24 hour Happy video for awhile - pretty cool places they were dancing. I clicked on the credits - yeesh, there are a LOT of famous people credited!

I love the Imagine Dragons video of Radioactive. It's been around for years, yet keeps getting bigger - I think it debuted in 2012 in the top 100 and was still in the top 100 in 2013! I just looked it up - it was in the top 100 for 87 weeks! That's a record, pun intended.

I knew the actress in it - but couldn't remember her name. I had to look it up, too. Alexandra Daddario. Lou Diamond Phillips hasn't changed much, has he?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I'd say he's aged pretty gracefully. I mean, I remember seeing him in movies when I was a kid and he still looks almost the same.

There is a violinist named Lindsey Stirling who did a cover of the song with another group, Pentatonix, which was pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2GCa-_nyU
Maybe you've seen that one too.

They actually performed it at the 56th Grammy Awards with an artist whose name escapes me, but it was pretty flashy.. I will try to find a good link for it.

edit:

Found one - fair warning, its a hip-hop collaboration, and there are audio-cuts suggesting the performance was censored by delay or the video is just glitched.. I'm not sure. But as a live show, it's pretty solid staging and performance.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I love Pentatonix - they do a cappella stuff in a very cool way. I saw her name and the link, but didn't go to it. If you get a chance, look up some of their stuff - it's pretty compelling.

Managing Your RLS

Neco

Post by Neco »

Oh man... I'm watching this 24hr video some more and they go into a grocery store around 7:56pm or so and what do I spot as they go down an aisle?

what do I spot A section of Nabisco products on a shelf that are faced-up half-assed and with large shelf holes. Poor job whoever that store belongs to... I can't even escape thinking about work when taking time off :lol:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That's pretty much true for any of us with specific knowledge. We always notice :-). I worked in restaurants for years - I always notice how large the server's station is, what their designated tasks are, how well the suggestive sell, :-) and so on.

Managing Your RLS

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I agree completely about noticing stuff in your field. My wife and I got addicted to watching most of the CSI shows, not for the crime stories but to catch the errors or gross exaggerations they used for the chemistry and metallurgy in their forensics.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext

Neco

Post by Neco »

I've been watching back through Season 8 of AGT, and one of the acts was a brother/sister that covered Radioactive. It was pretty entertaining, and they were pretty young.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOHmWbp ... &index=148

Neco

Post by Neco »

(adult language warning)
DEFCON 19: The Art of Trolling A bit old, but a rather humorous talk about trolling.

DEFCON is the largest hacker conference in the USA.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Defcon 18: Pwned by the Owner Another great talk, about how a guy's PC was stolen and how he tracked down the thief

Neco

Post by Neco »

...and one more from DEFCON 17 That awesome time I was sued for 2 billion dollars

*all Defcon links have uncensored language