Blood Pressure Issues

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Re: Blood Pressure Issues

Post by ViewsAskew »

I really dislike a doctor who doesn't listen or hear me. That's the worst.

Hope that making the change helps.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I don't know, if I said this, but I stopped the thyroid med and just recently increased the blood pressure med. Feeling better in that regard.
But haven't slept in days, since CPAP mask not working anymore. I've ordered the new sleep weaver. Now just have to wait until next week when it arrives. I hope it works or I'm dead.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I found the same thing, Deb - my last doctor always questioned me when I said the meds caused this or that. And, then she'd bring it up again, saying, why aren't you taking this? Sure, I know it's hard to be sure something is the cause, but some things are pretty obvious! And some of us seem to truly be more sensitive than others.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm very sensitive to drugs. I had to double the blood pressure med, because it is different from my original. This one is supposed to be better. He just didn't give me enough at first. When I told him I was feeling horrible, he thought I meant it was the pill. I know I told him my blood pressure was high and that's why I felt bad. He knew my blood pressure was high. They just don't listen.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was up most of the night. I realized that I had some artificial sweetener yesterday. My arms and back had the creepy crawlies. How easy I forget, what happens. I finally have the new mask ordered and got the script from doctor. Got an e-mail this morning. So I hope it doesn't take long to get here.
I am so tired. It's funny. Now when I have a few bad nights, it feels like I haven't slept in weeks. It seems to affect me more now. I guess it is the accumulation of less sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry you forgot - I hate when I forget something that impacts the severity. I feel so dumb.

I've noticed the same thing. I went YEARS without having good sleep and wasn't as tired as I am now when I miss one or two days. What's up with that????

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I guess, it's because we still don't get the sleep we used to get. We never catch up. My new mask got shipped today. I pray it comes by Monday or Tuesday. If this doesn't work, I don't know what I will do. It will mean, that I will never get much sleep.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

The new mask arrived today. YEAH !!! Will see how it goes, the next few nights. The video, came with it.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Remember, not too tight.

I also found that I can keep a better seal if my lips extend into the hole for the mouth. I think that may have something to do with keeping the mask closer to my face.

I also frequently will turn on my side if I am having a problem keeping a seal on one side. After a few minute, I can turn over and for some reason, the leak has usually stopped.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thank you. I do hope this works.