Great sadness

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Great sadness

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just found out that one of our original members, Corrie (username Cornelia) from the Netherlands, died in 2015. She was a regular for years, offering advice and support to hundreds of us over the years. She was the original scientist in the group, offering research findings to us all. She was one of my first friends on this forum and I feel devastated to write this; I am so glad to have known her. Her case of RLS was one of the worst anyone on this board has ever had and in recent years she was not doing well. I wish I'd stayed in better touch with her - I'd missed her and wondered; knowing that her absence is permanent fills me with sorrow - she is missed.

Here's hoping that we find better treatments soon; it saddens me tremendously to think anyone of us should suffer as Corrie did. My next donation to the Foundation will be in her name. I hope that many of the others I hear from very rarely and have offered so much to this board are all OK - jumpyowl, becat, rubyslipper, sardsy, jan3213,Lyndarae, Neco,rthom,Hazel, Squirming Susan (she is fine - I see her on Facebook), Aiken, and many others.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Re: Great sadness

Post by debbluebird »

Thank you Ann

Polar Bear

Re: Great sadness

Post by Polar Bear »

Very sad - Corrie's posts were wonderful.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation