For those in North America - GO CUBS, GO!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

For those in North America - GO CUBS, GO!

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry Dodgers. So sorry Cleveland - yes, it's been a long time for you, too. But, the Cubs winning baseball's biggest event is truly amazing. I just wish I wasn't in LA at the moment so I could be with my family and see the parade that happened earlier today.

My family is relatively small and dispersed. Mom, brother, sister and I all live in different states. We texted throughout each game, though, as if we were together. It was quite fun - even though a few of the games were nail biters that we lost. And a couple were just downright slow and sad for a Cubs' fan. The end result, though, and particularly the come back from 3-1 and that last game - epic! Cubs' fans will be talking about this for a long time.

Oddly, it reminds me never to give up hope. It was 108 years since their last World Series win. Here's hoping for a breakthrough for RLS that is the equivalent!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Re: For those in North America - GO CUBS, GO!

Post by Yankiwi »

Congratulations to all Cubs fans who must be baseball's most loyal. That was certainly one of the best World Series ever.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It really was - even if you weren't a Cubs' fan!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I was brought up as an Orioles fan and became a naturalized Red Sox fan when I moved to Boston. I loved going to Fenway Park to take in a game. Back in the seventies, I don't even remember who they played in the World Series but Red Sox fans said they won three games to four. They actually lost but the games were so good it almost didn't matter.