HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
legsbestill

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Post by legsbestill »

From a dreary overcast Dublin where the rain is doing its bit to ensure that our fair land remains forever emerald.
To all who might be wearing a bit of green today! And anyone else who needs an excuse to raise a glass - though in my case it is from my cache of rls friendly but otherwise illegal drugs rather than a wee dram. My kratom dissolved in grapefruit juice is at least green, albeit an off-puttingly sludgy shade.

ViewsAskew

Re: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Post by ViewsAskew »

I made a traditional New England boil - corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. It was delicious! I forgot to wear green, though...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I saw something good on Facebook. Everyone is Irish on St Patrick's Day except the Scots--they're still Scots. My dad was more Irish than the Irish and my husband was English but even he enjoyed St Patrick's Day.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

An Irish poet says of the repeated waves of invaders over the centuries (and I think it applies to all visitors - in a good way):
'this soft land quietly engulfed them'.
And on St. Patrick's day, we Irish like to think of ourselves as noisily engulfing the world for 24 hours - so to be sure everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's day. Now to beat the English in the rugby ...

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I live in the island of Ireland and my husband and I spent the day helping our youngest move into their new home. Two van loads of stuff and two round trips of 40 miles. His partner is 7 months pregnant so wasn't doing much pulling and hauling. Us and the 3 other helpers were all of retired age and we could barely move after 8 hours.
So I'm afraid the traditions went by the wayside and we were just happy to be able to get fish 'n chips at about 7pm.
Another son, who lives abroad, usually manages to find Soda Bread and shamrock shaped cookies etc. but this year they went to a very not 'St. Patrick' Thai Restaurant !!

We promise to do better next year.

In the meantime here's a joke:
Reilly is walking through a graveyard when he comes across a headstone with the inscription "Here lies a politician and an honest man."
'Faith now,' exclaims Reilly, 'I wonder how they got the two of them in one grave.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Another funny story:

Judge (to a mendacious Irish witness giving evidence in an English court case):
"Tell me, in your country, what happens to a witness who does not tell the truth?'

Witness:
"Begor, me Lord, I think his side usually wins."