RLS and relationships

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
ViewsAskew

It's done!

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just wanted to give an update. The doctor writing the book is happy with the section and my part is done. While I relied heavily on your stories, I didn't use any specific information or stories from this board or the Yahoo group without express permission from the person who wrote it.

It ended up being about 11 pages. Not sure how long that will be in the book, nor do I know how much the editor will cut. The primary author had some specific ideas in mind about how it should look and what it should include. I think he's happy with it after 7 drafts on my part :lol: .

I feel honored to have had this opportunity. It wouldn't be as good as I think it is if it weren't for all of you, though. Everyone's sharing helped me see this from so many different perspectives. Your stories gave this section life, realism and truth.

The book will be published this spring, as I understand it. All chapters have been written and are at the publisher now. It is being published by a medical publisher, so I don't know what kind of marketing and advertising it will get.

As soon as I know more about it, I will let you all know. I've read small parts of it and it seems to have a good deal of information in it.

Ann
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

trevb

Post by trevb »

well done anne, great job, i wonder if i will be able to get the book in england ? if not maybe i can see a copy of your bit via email?
trev

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Many positive thoughts and heartfelt joy coming your way! Looking forward to getting a copy, multiple copies, for family, doctor and anyone who coule benefit from a copy! ((((BIG HUG))))) Hazel

becat

YEAH

Post by becat »

YEAH ANN,
Not only for greating it all done, but for the help your sure to provide for those that will read the book.
I'm so happy for you..........Your hard work is surely our gain.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thank you all very much. I hope it is helpful for both the person with RLS and their family/friends/intimates. I tried to get input from many people, including several people on this board, to make sure it was appropriate and offered the 'right' information. Of course, sometimes the author and I didn't agree about what was right! I wanted EVERYTHING in there :lol: . He just wanted ENOUGH. It was hard for me to find out what enough was. It was somewhere between his inital request for 7-8 pages and my intital offering of 15 pages. :wink:

Ann

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

doety

book?

Post by doety »

Just browsing lots of sites and saw this one for the first time. Did the book come out -- how can I get it. I wrote an article for The Denver Post about my personal experiences with RLS and got the greatest feedback. Would be glad to send it to you, although I know it's too late to use. In any case, the more info that gets out, the better and bravo to you for doing this. We just have to keep talking and keep explaining. I've only known my husband for four years and I keep thinking I've told him what I need to and that he understands. And then we're riding in the car and I say "I'm having restless legs now and need to get out." He says: We're near the next town. could you wait about 30 minutes???????"
My legs, they don't wait. Tried to explain again when I was calmer.

ctravel12

rls and relationships

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Doety I think that the book you are talking about is called Restless Leg Syndrome by Mark J Buchfuhrer and it can be purchased from Amazon.com

I got mine from there. It is an excellent book and Ann wrote an excellent article on rls and relationships.

I hope this is what you are talking about.

I understand where you are coming from in traveling. When you need to get out it is RIGHT NOW and cannot wait. I hope that you are doing much better.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for the offer of the article. . .as Charlene said, the book is already out (Restless Legs Syndrom, Buchfurer, Kushida and Hening). It's a great book - the section I did is OK - it's so hard to cover just the basics, though. It doesn't go into any great detail. But, who knows? My recent philosophy is that if I learn one thing new when I read something or go to a class, training, or workshop, it was worth it. I hope that people reading the section I did learn at least one thing new.

Managing Your RLS