New topic area

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
ViewsAskew

New topic area

Post by ViewsAskew »

Woo-hoo - thanks Foundation! The wonderful staff has been working with the moderators and they listened to your requests for new topic areas. We will try to move some of the topics here as time permits. In the meantime, this allows us a new place to discuss a very difficult subject - how RLS impacts us in our relationships: at work, while dating, with our spouses, etc. Most of us know how tough this can be.

I am positive that undiagnosed and untreated PLMD caused a chink in a long-term relationship. Over time, that chink became a huge rift that we couldn't mend. It compromised our intimacy and our communication, and I didn't have the skills or knowledge to make it better. I hope that having this topic area can possibly help others avoid that.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks to everyone who helped with the new topic areas! They look great and will be very helpful in keeping things a little more on track. I really like the idea of this relationship one and the Non-RLS topic so we can just vist if we want. Thanks everyone again! I'll be posting more soon.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)