A time to sleep in recliner!

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
Jenne1950

A time to sleep in recliner!

Post by Jenne1950 »

I've learned through almost 10 years of a very happy marriage to sleep in the recliner (can't stand the bed in extra bedroom) on nights when I require a lot of stomping and kicking and crying. I have been known to lie crosswise of the bed, kick, and throw my arms is my honey's face in the past. When he picks up prescriptions he either asks me or the pharmacist, "Is the one to keep her from kicking in here?" 8) I can't stay in bed unless I can sleep, so there are a lot of nights I sleep all over the house! I also have what was originally called "nocturnal myoclonus" which are small twitches of the leg muscles that produce no kicks or movement, but lessen my sleep level. Makes me feel like I didn't sleep at all. Add on my CPAP machine, and I'm a bundle of fun!!! :lol:

But we've made adjustments. He forgives my crossways sleeping and tries to get me to move--"but I hate to wake you". He checks on me if he knows I'm having a difficult night. Sometimes if I have fallen asleep from exhaustion in the recliner from all the kicking and stomping, with a glass of water in my hand, he removes it so I don't get a rude awakening by a bath of cold water. When I try to slip into bed quietly at 5 a.m. because the movement has stopped (yeah--slip into bed and put that hose apparatus on my head and turn on the machine) he tells me, "good morning".

So that's how it works at our house. :D
Jenny

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Jenny--

Your relationship sounds great! It takes work, as you can see if you've read some of my past posts. But, my hubby and I are a lot like you and your hubby now. Took a while working things out. As I said in some of my other posts, I don't think my family was ready to accept everything going on with me--heck, I don't think I was ready to accept everything, either. And, I don't have the added "joy" of a CPAP machine.

But, now, we go on with life and are very happy. I sleep all over the house, too (some nights) and, as you know, love my recliner, also. Sometimes, it's the best sleep I get. I take all the good nights I can get! Last night I stayed in bed from 10:30 pm to 5 am, then came downstairs for awhile. I fell asleep again, then woke up and went upstairs and went back to the bed and actually fell asleep until almost 9 am. Unheard of for me, but I'll take it! I feel great today. Amazing what sleep will do for you.

Have a great day, eveyrone! :)

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

Sounds like a great night's sleep! You deserve it! I ran out of Requip and had to take the Sinemet last night, which knocked me for a loop! The reason for changing to Requip was the Sinemet didn't work anymore. Don't know what the deal is. Hope you have a good night tonight!
Jenny

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Jenne...
I think it's a great love story.

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I wish understanding significant others for all of us. Can make a bad night a better one!
Jenny