Intimacy. . . or the lack of it

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyLegsJen

Post by JimmyLegsJen »

Oh that's so funny...I feel the same way when my guy says he had a hard time sleeping. Anymore I just laugh in my head but never say anything. There's times when he's sleeping so soundly I just wanna smack him around and wake him up! LOL Gotta laugh or you'll cry, right?

ctravel12

intinmacy or the lack of it

Post by ctravel12 »

My husband can sleep anywhere anytime. I just envy him. I do not remember the last time when I slept through the night. If I did, I would probably think I died and went to heaven lol. Jen I just love it wanting to just smack him lol. Ditto on that one.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

You three really need to look into some anger management classes.
Just kidding.
My wife is like all of your husbands. Her head hits the pillow and in five minutes she's out like a light. I just wanted to let you know it's not just us mean men.
And I'm one of those wimpy sleepers, I gotta have complete darkness and complete quiet and then I still lay there for an hour..then my feet itch...then my legs and feet hurt...then someone upstairs starts walking around...then the furnace kicks on...then Tami starts snoring...then I jerk a few times...then my feet itch.........

I wonder. Is there any houses in America where husband and wife are both fast get to sleepers? Or where both are up all nighters? It doesn't seem to work that way does it.

ctravel12

itimacy or the lack of it

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Wam, I love your comment "Anger Management Classes" lol I can so relate to laying there for an hour, feet itch, legs and feet hurt etc. I can be walking the floors and here my husband is snoring away. Oh well, we might as well laugh; like Jen says or else we will start crying which I have done many of times.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

my hubby goes to bed with the chickens, and when his head hits the pillow he is out! i do my usual routine of nightly pill popping, lay in bed for 30 min to an hour for them to kick in, and then i can go to sleep. but i guess i can't complain at least i am sleeping now.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

neelia

Post by neelia »

It is not so much the RLS that is getting in the way of our love life, it is the Requip and the associated nausea.

becat

Post by becat »

n/a
Last edited by becat on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

intimacy or lack of it

Post by ctravel12 »

Neelia, when I was on requip it also made me nauseated and then one of the members told me to take it in two different doses .5mg around 6pm your time and then .5mg about 1-2 hrs before going to bed. It did work as I did not getting nauseated; however I do not take requip anymore as I did not like the sleep habits that I was getting or the rls all of the time. I am now on .5mg of clonazepam and so far it is working and hope that it continues. Sleep is still not good, but hope that it does get better one of these days. I am very fortunate has as I have a very understanding husband. When I was taking Requip it did put a big stress on our marriage and luckily we got through it. We even came close to splitting up and thank goodness that it did not happen.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

TOYMOM

Life is so miserable!

Post by TOYMOM »

Removed by Moderator
Lynne
I am a Proud wife to James of 6 years, a Mom to Ashley of 14 years and a Hannah, 9 years and by the Blessing of Adoption, I will be a mom again in March. Its a Boy! My First Son!

ctravel12

intimacy or the lack of it

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi toymom. I am so sorry that you are going through this tough time. What meds do you take? I know I am very thankful for a very understanding husband, but finally got my rls under control and hopefully it stays that way. I know in the beginning when I had it really bad it was touch and go with our marriage, but thank the good Lord all is fine now. I know all will work out fine for you and you will have a good quality of life back with your husband and family. Please keep us posted on how you are doing as we are all concerned.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Stacia

Re: itimacy or the lack of it

Post by Stacia »

ctravel wrote:Hi Wam, I love your comment "Anger Management Classes" lol I can so relate to laying there for an hour, feet itch, legs and feet hurt etc. I can be walking the floors and here my husband is snoring away. Oh well, we might as well laugh; like Jen says or else we will start crying which I have done many of times.

This made me wonder .... is itchiness also a part of RLS? If so, that explains A LOT! Almost every night when I finally get to bed, I end up scratching my feet and legs for what seems like hours! It's so infuriating!
~ Stacia ~

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not all of us do, but a lot? Yep. Lynne and I have commented on it many times. In fact, putting on lotion before bed used to be a way for me to stop the RLS, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, don't know if I've been added to the "itch list" or not, but, OMG---- I could gladly use a wire brush on the bottoms of my feet and palms of my hands. My legs, arms, neck and torso also drive me nuts (I know, short trip!).

Isn't RLS fun???????????? :evil:

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Stacia

Post by Stacia »

Wow, I had no idea. I'm glad to know it, though. Now I can stop wondering about what's wrong with my skin. lol
~ Stacia ~