Separation anxiety

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ruby,

I've been away and just saw your post. I don't know if you'll see this before or after your trip, but it doesn't matter. I'm sending prayers up for your daughter and little Isabelle Page. Hopefully, you'll feel them and know that you can count me in with the rest of your friends who care very deeply about you, Ken and your family.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just got back from Arkansas and Heather is doing fine. Two weeks away from due date and she is miserable but fine. We did our best but don't think we put any weight on her (although I gained 3 pounds!) She goes back to the doctor Tuesday so we will see what happens. I love you guys! So many friends praying, thinking good thoughts, sending healing energy, whatever you believe in... all coming our way. Incredible! Believe me I'll let you know as soon as I know something. We did up the nursery, painted nursery rhymes on the walls and Grammy here had a ball! So everything is ready. It's just a waiting game at this point.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Rubyslipper wrote:Just got back from Arkansas....

Oh boy. I hope you're not all talkin' funny and sayin things like "I reckon I'm feelin' tolerable"...and I hope you haven't takin' up that nasty habit of dippin' snuff.

heh heh.

Welcome back Ruby. Glad that everything is ok and you got the nursery painted up.

:wink:

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Shore nuff, we's all back fat and sassy, so you can jist shut yo're yap and slap yo're Grandma. Speaking of Grandmas...I IS ONE!!!! Isabelle Page Allen was born yesterday at 8:17 p.m. Two weeks early but mommy and baby are doing fine! She's 6 lbs 18 3/4" long and just beautiful. Heather called at noon and said she was in labor, it took us 6 1/2 hours to get ready and get down there. We were an hour away when Jay called and said she was ready to deliver. I was about to cry but was driving so instead I just hit the gas and hoped for no HP's. We made it with time to spare. Miss Isabelle wanted her grandparents there and that's what she got! I've already got to feed her and change a diaper. Going back Friday to spend a week and they do NOT have internet so I will be off line for awhile. I am so pumped!!! Thanks for all the support you guys have given me. You were always there when I needed you. Love, Granny Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How exciting for you and how perfect that she waited for you to be there to witness her arrival. Enjoy your week with her. We'll be here when you get back, waiting for details (not about diapers, however).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

CONGRATULATIONS, GRANDMA!

How wonderful. I'm so glad Isabelle is here and eveyrone is fine. Now, the fun begins!

Jan

becat

Post by becat »

What a wonderful blessing. Both healthy and sound. She must seem so tiny and awesome. I think you've already counted toes and fingers, cooed and falling right into love. That is a blessing and such a joyous moment.
As a parent, I hoep you know watching our parents playing and loving up our kids is better than any high to be found.
I just know that you and Kenny are going to spoil that child rotten, and good for you. Won' tit be fun for her to name the baby cows, or cowids, as I refered to them.
Yeah. Yeah. Yahooo too!
Drive safe, enjoy the baby, take note of teh pleasure to spend time with the people you love. And love hta tnew moomy up, remember no metter how old we are, we like it best when a mommy takes care of us . Bring us photos. take the carmera and put it on a disc while your there, then email us everyone. LOL
Your a Grandma. I love the smile I know your wearing.
Bless you all.
Love hugs and the moon to the newest part of our extended family.
Love Lynne

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT NEWS GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we need pictures! Do they have scratch and sniff yet! Ahhhhhhhhh the fresh scent of a new born grandchild the softness of their skin ... all of the senses are heightened to make certain that this memory is forever imprinted on your loving heart!

It is my sincerest hope and prayer, so thankful that everyone is doing well!

**************Positive Energy*******************
Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

brandy

Post by brandy »

Fantastic news, Granny Ruby! We were praying and holding momma, baby and grandma close in our hearts. So glad to hear all is so well. I've got a smile from ear to ear. Have a wonderful time.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ruby! Congratulations.
Very happy it went well...I know just how you feel. Isn't it great.

God Bless...
Randy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks to all my friends. I guess I never really realized that your heart and soul could sing so loudly for such a tiny litttle thing that you've only held for a few moments. To see the look on my daughter's face while she was talking to Isabelle and calling her "Peanut", the absolute joy on Jay's face when he came out of the delivery room and to have my so tough husband completely smitten at first sight of his grand-daughter. Amazing. Life can be good, so very, very good.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Sitting here basking in all the **********Positive Energy************* Breathing in all the *********JOY************* I am so content knowing that our Rubyslippers is GLISTENING, SPARKLING as only a Grand Ruby will!

Close my eyes, Deep breath in, comforting sigh out... thank you for sharing this with us, it is a moment in time which I will return to several times today, recenter reconnect with the wonderment of life.

Love you Ruby! Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

becat

Post by becat »

Sorry Miss Ruby to mess your post up with this one, but its how I am feeling. In fact just eaten up with those feelings of dread. I have spent a week crying and trying to pray harder than I ever have before.
My oldest (just 19) leaves Sunday for Marine Boot Camp. We have to say good bye on Sunday, he leaves monday, whats the difference?
I don't know how to do this part of being a parent. I thought college, but not this. I honestly don't know, how does this part work?
I'm a patriotic woman, but the mommy in me is winning over the heart.
Couple of weeks ago the hubby and I took a short trip. Upon getting through secruity at the airport I walked into a group of big strong Army guys. Men really! By habit I told them thank you for their service and God speed. Then I watched them walk away and just started crying thinking, mine is a boy still, not one of those men.
Where's the book that tells me how to keep moving?

ctravel12

separation anxiety

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Lynne I wish I was there to put my arms around you and tell you that everything will be just fine. I just know God will take care of him and bring him home safely. He will be in my nightly prayers along with the rest of you.

Please take care my friend and my thoughts and prayers will be with you this weekend.

Love you and lots and lots and lots of hugs to you, hubby and your son.
(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Lynne

You know you have my prayers, my heart and my love. Hang in there, sweetie! It's gonna be tough (I know), but you'll make it. So will your son. He's got the moon--YOUR moon!

Love you
Jan