Mood Swings Anyone??

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
becat

Post by becat »

Brandy I think it is also fair to just say, look I'm having a really rough time getting through this. The doctors I've seen in the past we not willing partners to my long term care and I need someone I can talk to and trust.
It's harsh, but maybe blunt is faster and easier in the longrun.
You'll do fine and bless that doc if he/she is not on her job that day. LOL
Lynne

brandy

Post by brandy »

Thanks, Lynne. Your advice probably gave me the extra boost I needed to be honest. I am planning to do my best about honesty. As I think I've mentioned before, my biggest fear is being seen as a "drug seeker." I'm going to be honest about my pain and discomfort and difficulty dealing with my symptoms, side effects, etc, but I don't want her to think I'm just trying to get some good drugs. At the same time, I don't want to leave without something that can help me feel better. My work, my marriage, my friendships, my sanity (which was holding on by a thread to start out with :lol: ) are all suffering and I really want to get back to being myself. My PCP referred me to this new doc because she is willing to help, but after several failed attempts, it's hard to hold out hope about any kind of long-term solution. My PCP gave me one script of Ultram and it helped, but of course, no one wants to put you on anything long term. For now, I feel like I'm going from short-term to short-term.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

stevethefox

Post by stevethefox »

It's meds. Meds screw you up man. Kill the habit before it's too late. Doctors love to sell them so don't think of them as your only solution. I like how sideeffects are worse than the condition.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

While it's true that meds "screw up up" and side effects are bad, having had RLS all of my life and spending countless nights w/o sleep, in pain, and feeling like I had a marching army inside my body, meds are what I rely on.

Everyone is different. We stress that over and over on this forum. In my view, mood swings can be caused by no sleep and putting up with RLS and it's crazy symptoms and meds. Each of us has a choice on how to deal with RLS. That's why we have a non-pharm section. More power to whatever helps any of us and bless us all!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

o brother! please don't make me do another nastygram about people and their meds. even though meds are not exactly my choice of getting through the day, that is what i have to do. WE on this board do not criticize how other people treat their pain, meds, meditation, herbal, or sex! so please don't go on a bender about meds. and as to the original post, yes i have mood swings, so bad if you are near me you might get knocked out in mid swing. but i don't know if its the rls meds or the dang birth control pills! most likely the birth control.
dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

ha ha ha. Crack me up.
The more I get to know you the more I like you Tazz.
('course I'm not there when you start swingin' either!)

becat

Post by becat »

WAM, Doesn't she just feel like family.
She and I might be twins. LOL

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

stevethefox

Post by stevethefox »

tazzer wrote:o brother! please don't make me do another nastygram about people and their meds. even though meds are not exactly my choice of getting through the day, that is what i have to do. WE on this board do not criticize how other people treat their pain, meds, meditation, herbal, or sex! so please don't go on a bender about meds. and as to the original post, yes i have mood swings, so bad if you are near me you might get knocked out in mid swing. but i don't know if its the rls meds or the dang birth control pills! most likely the birth control.
dee

Haha you're witty. Here's a cookie.

I'm speaking from personal experience too. If you're taking meds for RLS you've just played right into their little hands.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

thanks i know i am, actually in a former life i was a stand up comedian! and before that i was a professional smart a$$ spotter, hey! must be having a flashback, think i spotted one. o and by the way keep your cookie.

dee
:D have a nice day!

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

becat

Post by becat »

Ok, Steve, I'm a bit comcern as to your honest intentions here then?
Whith the comment about palying into their hands, hmmmmmmmmm.
Not this old chick and certainly hundreds of others here either.
I don't mind you having a different opinion and sharing it nicely, but you shouldn't come in here and tell anyone how to handle their own RLS.
Please understand that we do come here for support and education. The first being the most important.
Thank you . If you need to scream or harp, please do so privately to me or Ann. Thank you.
Lynne
Moderator.

ctravel12

mood swings anyone

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Steve,Steve without my meds my rls would be raging day and night. I thank God that I have a good neurologist that can treat rls. It is apparent that your rls (if you do have rls) is not severe and hope that it never is.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

b_rwhite5

Post by b_rwhite5 »

Thank you Dee, Lynn, and Charlene. If you can't share your opinions nicely and in a mature, adult manner than I could care less. There are lots of people who do not like or believe in meds and that is fine, but when you think you can tell others how to deal with their symptoms thats just wrong. I don't know if you have RLS or not and I don't know if you take anything natural or otherwise, thats none of my business, but when you seem to enjoy offending others, that is my business. I am wondering whether you are here because you have RLS or are you here to give your nasty, useless, unwanted comments. OMG, I better shut up before I say too much. :lol:

On the other, I have had mood swings since before I knew I had RLS. I tend to snap at whomever gets in my way. I think mine are because of the pain and lack of sleep. My wonderful husband usually gets the worst of it, even when he doesn't deserve it.
Rebecca

ctravel12

mood swings anyone?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Rebecca Very well said. :) :) :) :) :)
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

amen rebecca, see you have tact, i unfortunately was born without it!!! :D especially when it comes to an "apparent herb peddler" or worse one of those just ignorant, bored, and thoughtless teenagers who just like to go on boards and irritate the grownups, i know about this i have one of those teenagers :D so at least i have you, lynne and ann to be the tactfull ones on the board.lol someone has to keep me inline.

:D :D :D :D :D
hugs
dee

Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945