pregnancy and RLS

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
alec'smommy

pregnancy and RLS

Post by alec'smommy »

I had rls BAD when I was pregnant. Not only was it uncomfortable to sleep with the pressure of the baby in my 8th-9th month, but my rls made it worse. I can remember having rls young, like at the age of 11(i'm now 26). I had no clue what was going on then i told my mom and she said her mom, her sister and her all had it too. When I get it, I have to get up out of bed which usually wakes up my husband and shake my legs. this usually relieves it but when I get it in the movie theater, it is the WORST thing ever. there I am trying to enjoy a movie with my husband and i cant stop shaking my legs around. I swear, the person next to me in a packed theater thinks I'm neurotic or something. this causes me to want to sit at the end of a row. Sometimes, i get it so bad that it goes up my waist and trunk into my arms and once, it was so bad that it actually felt like I had it in my neck and head. I hate it. I would love to go on meds lke requip for it but you have to dedicate 8 hours of sleep with that medicine and I have a 4 month od baby so I'm usually only getting baout 6-8 hours of sleep a night and I don't want to be drowzy. Does nayone know if requip makes you feel drowzy when you wake up?

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear AM,

Hopefully someone has answered your question in another forum. I think everyone's reaction to medication varies. Initially I had no problem with Requip and it did not make me feel lathargic or drugged in the mornings. However, I soon developed other side affects and my Requip useage was very limited. Hopefully someone will have more input... you might want to post this in the pharmaceutical section or you may have all ready! I am a tad slow these days!

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden