Personal

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
brandy

Personal

Post by brandy »

My husband told me last night that he wants a divorce. He has stated that he is not in love with me and never has been. He says I have been a perfect wife, he just wants a wife with whom he is in love. He married me, and led me to believe he was in love with me because I loved him and he thought I was his only chance at marriage. I am a wreck, as you can imagine. And, of course, not sleeping at all. Please keep me in your prayers as I struggle through this unbelievable pain.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

becat

Post by becat »

You bet your in my prayers, my thoughts, my heart, and big moon that covers us all.
Brandy, I'm so sorry for your pain. Sometimes our lives go in directions that we did not, or would not choose, but I know your faith. You will be able to face this head on, strong, and take no prisoners. Save your heart. Cry at will, scream if you can. Be open to any thing you need to heal your heart. Yeah, even a little cattiness helps sometimes.
I'll give you some time, and then you and I will talk. This is not where you'll be forever, it's just a long moment honey.
Breathe, Hazel tells us to Breathe.....................
Hold on to what you know to be true, and let go of that which hurts you.
My love, many hugs, and a healing pray is coming to you.
Love Lynne

ctravel12

personal

Post by ctravel12 »

Brandy, I am so so sorry to hear what you are going through. My one wish for you is that we could all be there and just hold you and tell you that everything will be just fine. If there is anything that I can do for you at anytime, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will say a daily prayer for you that God keeps you strong during this time. When I go to church this Saturday, I will be offering up my mass for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

brandy

Post by brandy »

Thank you both so much.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The things we do to and for people and ourselves, hiding, convincing, pretending. Oh, but if we only knew how much pain they would cause, we would not ever do them.

You must be reeling. But, I see you as a very strong person - it comes through your posts all the time. I can see why he chose you. You are also wonderful at comforting and giving of yourself. Please allow others to do the same for you. Give yourself time and permission to accept others' love and care and concern. You deserve it. The clock has started ticking, counting down to the time when you look back on this from a completely different perspective, one that hurts much less.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

God Bless you Brandy....keeping you close to my penguin heart....
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

personal

Post by ctravel12 »

Brandy, I just received this and wanted to shared with you. I hope you do not mind'
"You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all of your goals this year For the remaining months of the year, all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance. Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings sorrows and pains because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down. I knocked on heaven's door this morning. God asked me...My child what can I do for you? And I said, Father please protect and bless the person reading this message.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Brandy-Having gone through what you're going through once, I can't encourage you enough to give yourself the gift of a therapy session or 2. I was literally unable to move without the help I received during that crazy time in my life. All of your friends and family will tell you that "this too shall pass" but what most of us really need during a crisis is a kind ear and the chance to grow and learn from what life throws at us. I'm sending you positive vibes!
Josh

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I just saw this, Brandy. My heart aches for you, honey. You are such a wonderful, loving, caring, compassionate woman. You give so much of yourself. This isn't right, it isn't fair, it shouldn't be happening. I don't know what to say. You have so many friends here and I know that must be small comfort right now. All these people who wrote to you love you. So do I, Brandy. You are remarkable young woman. I wish I could do something. I'm sending you love beams right now.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

personal

Post by ctravel12 »

Brandy, you have been on my mind and have been asking God to keep you strong. If you ever need to talk, I can pm my cell phone number. If that is acceptable as I do not want to come on as being pushy. Since Josh has been through this, he has given you some good advise. I just wish I could help you more.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

I just have to say, that this is one of the reasons I found a home for my RLS and my heart.
One comes to post in despare or pain, lost and confused, drifting alone until we all show up, offering support. And not just in the fact that we all have RLS. We are family and we help to support and heal one another.
It's a Family choosen to be. We earn our positions and we honor those that touch or sight has ever been needed.
I'm proud to be apart of this cyner family and I'm honored to know you all.
Brandy, the moon was huge and clear last night. I hope that you knew, me all held you in the moon last night.
Today is a new day, but yesterday is still dresh, I do know that.
Let's start with today and just find a single thing of happiness today.
I, we, are with you always.
Love Lynne
Last edited by becat on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

personal

Post by ctravel12 »

I am asking for anyone who reads this post to stop for a few minutes and say a prayer for Brandy. Also we need to say a prayer for Emily that she is feeling much better and that she can find the right meds to help her out. This is also for anyone else who is having a very hard time with their rls. May God bless each and everyone of you. I love you all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

brandy

Post by brandy »

Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement. I am used to being the giver and not the receiver (although I have received plenty on this site), but at this point I have no choice. I'm hurting so, so much. I took a week off of work to stay with my parents in Louisiana (I live in Kentucky) and it is helpful just to be away. My mom is coming back with me to help make my new apartment feel less like a hotel room and more like home. The most painful part of this is how easy this all seems to be for my husband. I feel like I could die and he's just fine. It hurts so much. And of course my self-esteem is crap. I know there is an other side to all of this, but trudging through it right now is killing me. Thank you for caring enough to think about and pray for me.

ctravel12

personal

Post by ctravel12 »

Brandy, I am so happy that you have your mom their to help you through this. We are all here for you, so please do not hesitate to call on anyone of us. I am sending good thoughts to you. I have been thinking about and glad that you posted us.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Brandy, honey

I have been where you are. My first husband did the same thing to me. Honey, you are not alone---- You have so many friends. I am so glad your mom is going to be with you. One day, you'll be able to look out and see the sun shining again. It may take awhile, honey, but you WILL. I know that right now you can't see through your pain. I'm here for you as is everyone else.

God bless you, honey.

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.