Wearing my sheets out!

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
hypnotode

Wearing my sheets out!

Post by hypnotode »

This made me laugh!

I'm lucky, I have a wonderful husband who takes care of the house. He is also in charge of putting sheets on the bed. The other night, my toe found a hole in the bottom sheet. When I took a look at it, there was a large patch that was threadbare, right where my legs and feet are! Evidently he doen't rotate the sheets, it's always "tag at the bottom". I checked our other sheets, and they have the same pattern of wear.

Now that's some stellar kicking! :D
Neurontin, Trileptal, Cymbalta, and Flexeril work for me.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too funny!
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

That's a good one!

mike

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Same thing happened here - I kept getting my foot caught in the sheets and realized I had wore a hole in them down at the bottom where I move my legs so much! Sure did hate that it was my flannel ones :(
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I've never mae holes in my sheets, but I've gotten my husband's attention a few times! LOL

too funny

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

D4

Post by D4 »

I do it too. In fact, I'm going out tomorrow to buy some new flannel sheets because I made a hole in the bottom sheet by my feet. Also, the flannel sheets are nice everywhere else, but the area by my feet and legs is pilled and uncomfortable on both the top and bottom sheet. My husband used to blame it on the dog being in bed with us, but the dog sleeps snuggled with my upper body.

dipstick

Post by dipstick »

Well I avoid this particular " problem".. as my feet kick outside the duvet... cos I simply can't bear the weight of it on my feet and ankles.

Zacsdaddy

Post by Zacsdaddy »

Funny ya'll should mention the sheets wearing out.

I just bought a new bed about 6 weeks ago. King size "Doctors Choice" from Denver Mattress Company. I love it and so does the wife. My personnal like is the fact that the mattress does not move when I get in and out of bed. Before with a queen size Sealy I would shake the whole bed just rolling over. Now I know I'm not bothering her. But back to the sheets.

Since we have never had a king size bed before we bought 3 new sets of sheets. My wife showed me last night that the place I lay is starting to ball up and wear. It's just where my body is and these sheets have been used a maximum of 3 weeks (one week on, one week off). I don't think they'll last the summer. They were a 550 or 650 thread count, very nice quality sheet. I guess I'll have some really great rags for the garage soon.

Zacsdaddy

BrJoJo

any suggestions?

Post by BrJoJo »

I am rubbing holes in sheets, mattress pads--they are not cheap. Anyone with any suggestions for sheets that don't wear out?

Yesterday I put an iron-on patch on the hole, I hate throwing otherwise good sheets.

Grrrr.....

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

BrJoJo: That is a new one for me, rubbing holes in your sheets. We RLSers do some odd things for relief. You must really be kicking to rub holes in your sheets. I have no suggestions for that one, except like you are doing, iron on patches.

I to have had RLS for approx. 40 years. I am finally on Mirapex, and take norco when needed and tramadol when needed. I just had a couple sleep studies and been diagnosis with sleep apnea, and must use a CPAP. But I still don't sleep, I think over the years not sleeping with RLS that it has left its mark on me. Plus even though the RLS is mostly under control, I to have break throughs. One of the side effects of mirapex is insomnia, ironic isn't it.

As for this forum, I was walking the floor crying one night, was in so much misery. So tired and yet I couldn't lie down or rest. So standing up at the computer I accidently came upon this site. I just typed and typed, and vented, and it felt so good because the ones that replied understood exactly what I was dealing with. And that was a first, because not anyone else understood. Not even the doctors I went to for help. And I have been here ever since. Practically checking in every day. That was 5 or 6 yrs ago.

So welcome to the club. Its a good place for help and encouragement.
Take care I wish you restful nights.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

I guess I have been here about 7 years. Wow, time flys.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

sleepdancer

Wearing Out Sheets

Post by sleepdancer »

BrJoJo,
Were you also diagnosed with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder? It is not unusual for people to have both RLS and PLMD. The last couple months I've been using a TENS Unit every night before bed and it's really helped my legs not be tortured.

TheDreamer

Re: Wearing my sheets out!

Post by TheDreamer »

I also put the sheets the same way every time...."tag at the bottom". One time, the sheets started feeling odd, but I ignored it. But, one night it got cold, so I turned on my heated mattress pad, and nothing.

When I looked to see what was wrong the next morning....sheets were completely worn away in the one spot, and I had worn into the mattress pad as well and severed it. Guess I'm really lucky I didn't set bed on fire or electrocute myself.

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Dreamer - That's ''shocking'....... :crazy:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

After ruining two sets of sheets, my husband decided we needed to put something there so we didn't have to keep buying sheets. At first I sewed to large bath towels together so we could tuck them in, but they were too rough. I couldn't stand it. Then I put a bathroom rug on my side. It was fairly new and soft. The rubber back keeps it in place. It solved the problem. DEB