Just a few questions

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
chillywilly00

Just a few questions

Post by chillywilly00 »

I am new to this site, but I am by far not new to RLS (or at least I think that I have it). I am 25 years old and I have had (up till a few months ago I didn't know that it had a name) this "thing" with my legs for as long as I can remember. I remember as a little kid maybe 4 or 5 having to shake my legs so much before I could fall asleep. That is the only way that I can sleep now. I also have periods of time where I have the worst pain (to the point where I cry) in both of my legs and the only thing that will make the pain go away is to shake my legs HARD!! The pain comes once in a few months, but the "feeling" of RLS comes everyday almost all day long. When ever I sit down I have to shake my legs, when I lay down I have to shake. I feel so bad for my DH cause he has to deal with me "playing soccer" in my sleep.
I guess I need to get on to my question. I really want to know if I have RLS. I really can't afford to go to the doctor about something like this, and I really can't afford to go on meds. So if anybody has any suggestions, comments, or words of wisdom for me I would be truly greatful!
Thanks!!

ctravel12

just a few questions

Post by ctravel12 »

Welcome chillywilly00
With your legs, once you get up and walk around does the sensation go away? If so, then you could have rls. If so, I am sorry if you do have rls, but glad that you have found us as we have a wonderful, caring and supportive group.

I know other members will post and give you some good sound advise.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

chillywilly00

Post by chillywilly00 »

Yes they do, but the minute I sit down no matter what I am doing I shake. I can't control it. My DH once asked me to stop shaking the bed because he was trying to sleep, I say ok and a few minutes later I noticed that my lags were shaking and I didn't mean for them to be. Since then he has been a lot better and now that there has been commercials on the subject the seems to understand more.

ctravel12

just a few questions

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi chillywilly00
Besides having rls, you may also have PLMD (period limb movement disorder) by that you legs may be jumping at different times when you are sleeping. Does your dh say you are doing that?

I wish I could tell you what to take, but can only offer you alot of support. I know others will also do the same thing.

I hope that you are not sleep deprived as that can be horrendous. Please post as much as you want to and let us know how you are doing. If you want to just talk, vent, etc. please do it. We are all here for you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time