How RLS effects my fiance while I am sleeping

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
Angie

How RLS effects my fiance while I am sleeping

Post by Angie »

My fiance says that my legs go crazy when I am sleeping. I kick so hard that I fly right off the bed. And I guess I kick him real hard. I don't even know I am doing this. I have woken up though feeling like I just want to run around the room. I hate how my legs are like this. I was on Carbidop and now am on Pramipexole .. but I don't know if it is working yet.

What else can I do to help RLS?? I can't get good sleep! :(

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

My husband tells me I kick him at night too. I wasn't aware that I'm kicking in my sleep - until I found my foot going through the sheets where I'd rubbed a hole in them. I'm beginning to think twin beds may be the only answer ~ some nights I travel between every bed/couch in our house trying to get some rest.
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><

jbrinkley

Post by jbrinkley »

I occasionally kick my girlfriend when I'm asleep too. I hate it. She's very understanding and doesn't seem to mind, but I do. I just changed meds though and I'm hoping this will help. I am also a cover thief. LOL. I don't understand it though, because I'm usually hot, I think its from tossing and turning so much. I also go from bed to couch alot, well, when she isn't there anyway. I think I sleep better on my couch then my bed, but its a bad habit to get into and I only do it when I am having a really bad night.

Angie, give this new med a little bit to see if it helps, sometimes it takes awhile for a new drug to start working. Do a search for the drug on this forum and see if anyone mentions how long it took for them to see any results, if any. Good luck and I hope things get better for you.

Jeff

Angie

Post by Angie »

jbrinkley wrote:Angie, give this new med a little bit to see if it helps, sometimes it takes awhile for a new drug to start working. Do a search for the drug on this forum and see if anyone mentions how long it took for them to see any results, if any. Good luck and I hope things get better for you.

Jeff
Well it seems that since my Hemoglobin has fallen (I am on dialysis) that I don't kick so much. Maybe I am sleeping more soundly? Who knows?

I know that my RLS is secondary to kidney disease ... so I don't know if the meds would be as affective as for someone with Primary RLS. I wonder .. good question to ask my doc! lol ;)