Sleep Interview with HUBBY

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
becat

Sleep Interview with HUBBY

Post by becat »

n/a
Last edited by becat on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jan3213

SLEEP INTERVIEW WITH HUBBY

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Becat, it's Jan

I think your post on this subject is wonderful! Sometimes, I think, the people who are the hardest to discuss RLS or any other chronic condition with is your family, especially your husband. My theory is, and this may just apply to me, that it's hard for ME to accept the change in our future because of RLS and I don't want to appear to be a potential burden to my hubby. I don't want to admit that, even though I've gained weight and I'm obviously older, I'm not the same person he married. I will, most likely, not be able to do some of the things we used to enjoy together. And, that's scary to admit to not only to myself, but especially to the love of my life! But, like Becat, I think it is so important to have an open diaglogue. It may take several times before he's willing to discuss yoru situation. But, my hubby finally was. Since I've recently been diagnoed with fibromyalgia as well, it was even more important that he know the challenges that MAY face me. Notice I have "may" in caps--that's because I'm not going to let this win! Anyway, communication is so important in any relationship--especially between husband and wife. Dont give up talking to your husband. Men are wired differnetly than women--and, we women think they can read our minds! Becat, once again you delivered an important message so wonderflly! We're so lucky to have you!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey, Brady, I don't think it's just a guy thing. It may be whoever is the most likely to be awake and see things. Steve is more than happy to share, and does, but only when he is sleeping less than I. Per the how I feel about my sleep, he usually asks me each morning when he comes down and I'm here first. Hmmm, as I think about it, maybe it's because each of us has something with weird and variable symptoms, he celiac, me RLS/PLMD. We spend a lot of time explaining strange new symptoms and murmuring to the other that it will be OK, that we undertand, etc. Sometimes I think we even try to "one-up" the other :wink: .

Ann

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye