Just an unhappy evening...

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Hi girlfriend,

Whether you sent a long or short post . . . you said it all in the one you just posted. I am glad you came through your last "meltdown" well. Heaven knows we all have these times. You know you can always vent to us. We are your friends and care deeply about you and what you are going through.

Yes, I know you are a mod, and a darn good one at that! But, you are a rls-er first and foremost and we know that. Keep on posting and we'll all be here for you each and every time.

Love ya girlfriend, Hugs!
Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, we get so used to you always 'getting in there' with the support etc. etc. that it is good for us to know when things are difficult for you.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Not sure why I clicked on the Relationship thread but I did. And as usual I am WAAYYY behind in what is going on but I just had to post. Ann, you are a great moderator and I can understand your feelings about posting your problems. I'm just glad you did. You are right, RLS sucks as does life in general a lot of the time. No advice, just agreement.

As for what this post has added, I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there who has the sex issues. He's ready, I'm not...I'm willing, he's mad. Most of the time he's very understanding. But besides the "not in the mood" crap, it just plain hurts. I really think this is a big issue that hasn't been taken seriously. In the search for a cure and medication, we've forgotten the daily problems. Becat's Quality of Life statements are wonderful for us to let others know how we feel. But this is a taboo subject for most of us so we just muddle along.

Today is a bad day so I'm on the downer side. But even good days are tough anymore. It just all wears on you until your'e ready to give up. I guess I'm still not adjusting to the idea that I will never be the same. It's a long adjustment.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You said it about the adjustment part....just as soon as I think I've managed it (for a while), something comes up and I realize a part of me is still hanging on to the "old" me and thinking it will change someday. It's just not gonna....

Well, maybe it will, miracles do happen, but this small part isn't a positive attitude, I don't think but more a foot dragger, keeping me from really accepting.

So sorry to hear that today is a bummer day. Hope that improves soon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.