rsl

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
rb

rsl

Post by rb »

hi my name is rosy and i suffer from rsl since 30 month i really need to talk to someone who feel the same cause i am sure that no one can understand how much our life is hard unless he feel the same ! i am under medication but often the crises are unbearable ! i think that i am loosing my joy of life and hate the time evening comes ! i wish i can laugh like i used to before ! my problem now is : and what now ? and after some years ? and if i stop working what it will happen ?i feel that i don t have the courage to continue my life ! thank you in advance for who will answer to me !

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Rosy and welcome to the forum. Yes, RLS can make us desperate, but hang in there, you'll get through. Try not to worry about how bad it's going to be in the future; there's really no point in worrying like that. (I know, I'm an expert at it.) You only have to deal with this now, one day at a time.

There are many options for treatment, both medical and nonmedical. Check out the "New to RLS" section of the message board. There are sticky posts at the top that you can get started reading. The more you learn about this disease the faster you'll find ways to get relief.

Some things to consider - are you taking any medications for anything else? Many medications can make RLS worse, or even cause symptoms in people who haven't had it before. Some foods and drinks can make things worse as well, such as caffeine, alcohol, or even ice cream.

Could you be low on iron? Please have your ferritin checked; that's a blood test that measures the amount of iron that is stored in your body. Low ferritin levels can make RLS much worse in many people. (Someone usually pops in with the statistics on that) If ferritin is low, sometimes getting relief is as simple as eating iron-fortified cereal every day.

Probably the most difficult thing is finding a sympathetic and competent doctor who is willing to learn about this disorder and go to the ropes fighting for you and your quality of life.

Please keep us posted and believe me when I say that you'll find relief soon. It may seem like not soon enough, though, because it can take some time to put the puzzle pieces together.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

What she said 8)

I wish you didn't need to find us....I wish none of us ever needed to find this place. I'm sure glad it is here, though. I hope you find what you need here.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi RB and welcome to this group. I am so sorry for what you are going through. You said you are on medications. Do you mind if I ask what you are taking and is it working for you?

Please keep talking to us as I felt the same way you did before I found this site. This group really helped me and know they will help you too. It is a great support group. We are here for you and anytime you just want to talk, vent or even scream, please do not hesitate to post at anytime.

If you want to pm me or send me an e-mail you will see my e-mail address on my profile.

Please keep us posted as we really do care.

You will also see below my name that we have a chat room on Monday nights and tells what time we got on. Do not know where you live but it will be either be 8 or 9pm your time.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

rb, this site has been my saviour.
I can only repeat what the previous posters have said. You will find help in these posts.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rb

Post by rb »

Thank you for your support. Yes I am taking Requip, Neurontin and sometimes Stilnox in order to sleep. Iron and ferritin are normal. I would like to know if you feel swelling and hardness in your leg? Is the pain stronger when you have had a bad day? Is it normal to feel the pain daily as I am? I am not bothered by the fact of moving my legs because it is controlled by requip, my problem is the pain and the prick sensation. i hate the moment I come back home in the evening, do you ?

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

rb wrote:Thank you for your support. Yes I am taking Requip, Neurontin and sometimes Stilnox in order to sleep. Iron and ferritin are normal. I would like to know if you feel swelling and hardness in your leg? Is the pain stronger when you have had a bad day? Is it normal to feel the pain daily as I am? I am not bothered by the fact of moving my legs because it is controlled by requip, my problem is the pain and the prick sensation. i hate the moment I come back home in the evening, do you ?

Hi rb am glad that we are able too give you support. I have never had swelling or hardness in my legs; however I have the painful rls. If I over due anything during the day my legs do bother me but not real bad. If they do bother me it is usually around 7 or 8pm at night.

Do you have the pain day and night; reason for asking is that you may be augmenting (having rls 24/7) and if so please talk to your dr. Also what mg. of requip are you taking?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Did you always have pain with the RLS? Some people do get leg pain from Requip itself. So, if you didn't have pain before, that is something you need to talk to the doctor about.

Also, swelling or hardness (which is often a sign of swelling) are not part of RLS. If that is happening, it's in addition to the RLS. I've heard that many things can cause swelling (I get some from the opioid drug I take) and that it's not always a problem (so said my doc). But it can be a problem and a doctor needs to evaluate it.

You mentioned that you hate coming home. Why is that? Is that when the pain starts?

You also mentioned that the RLS was under control, but that you still has a pricking sensation.

This pricking sensation could be neuropathy. This is also not an RLS symptom, though some of us do have it and we don't know the cause. The important thing, to me, is again to explain that this is different than the RLS sensation. The doc should look into it further and ensure there is no known cause for it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.