Cuddling up with a lover for RLS sufferers?

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
JPT99

Cuddling up with a lover for RLS sufferers?

Post by JPT99 »

Is it possible?

I know it certainly isn't for me.
How I envy seeing couples snuggles up on the coach by the fire and know that that's not possible for me.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Cuddling is a nightmare and pretty impossible when symptoms are active. As I now take medication there are times when all is ok, and grab the opportunity :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

doety

Weed

Post by doety »

If you can legally obtain some marijuana, roll one and take a couple of puffs (remember it's stronger now!), you will want to be close and cuddle. I promise.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Oh, if I only had a lover to cuddle up with. I sure would give it a try, RLS or not.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Lil72Shasta

Post by Lil72Shasta »

Cuddling helps me but since there is rarely anyone in my life to cuddle with, lots of big pillows or sleeping on the sofa can give some of the same benefit.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I recently (against all odds, given my screwy life thanks to WED/RLS) started seeing someone. I've discovered that my RLS acts up when I'm trying to sleep and he so much as rests a hand on me. Lord when did my life get like this!?

And quite apart from that, I can't sleep at all in the same bed as him, unless I take a full zopiclone, whereas a half usually does it when I'm alone.

However, I'm lucky enough that I can snuggle on the couch for short periods of time in the evenings, before I have to get up and do squats. He's very understanding about it all. Remarkable.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Beth, I'm very happy for you that you have found someone who is understanding. I spend half my nights wandering and popping back into bed now and again. I can manage better if I get up and go to the spare bedroom but am reluctant to make this the norm. Even if I end up in the guest room I try and get back into bed with hubby before its time to get up.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Remarkable is good :D
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

That sounds like a lovely man and long may he be part of your life.

Corrie

helen1965

Post by helen1965 »

Great that a guy is trying to understand you RLS! My partner and I now sleep in two separate rooms, I have very reluctantly accepted that. I figure that even if I don't sleep he might. But I always have a cuddle in the morning. It's so hard trying to still keep that bond .

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I sometimes end up in the spare bedroom but always start the night in our bedroom. If symptoms get too difficult I may get up for an hour or I go into the other room. Generally hubby might be already asleep when I do this and I try and be back in our bed before he gets up, or awakens. But he is always able to tell me that I've been gone.
Betty