Make others understand?

Share how living with this disease can and does impact your relationships. How do you cope? What questions to you have?
rthom

Make others understand?

Post by rthom »

For those experienced in couple relationships, do you believe if the other partner seems to not understand or take lightly painful experiences need to encourage them to understand by putting them in a situation where they can because they are feeling something similar (maybe the same)? Not doing anything dangerous or physical etc. more like asking them to do something that would evoke the same emotional responses. I have never done this type of stuff (idealogical--spelling?), but it seems everyone doesn't treat my pain with any care--it's finishing my family relationships--I hate to even consider doing anything to intentionally cause hardships to others but maybe I'm just immature and need to grow up--Is it a normal part of adult relationships? :? :oops: :( :roll:

ViewsAskew

Re: Make others understand?

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks Ann

Having read your reply I decided I better re-read my origional post. I wrote it unclearly, I was talking about emotional pain mostly (would have been good if I mentined that--oops sorry folks), Like what they say and do and the expectatons they keep of us. I know others cannot understnd our physical pain and I would not want them to be in a position to be able to--but the emotional pain they can induce in us or contribute to, so it changes what we can and cannot afford to ignore.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Ann Thank-you so much for taking the time to look up those sites--I'm still hoping to gleam something helpful from them

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

But I'm not sure they are different. If someone doesn't have what you have - physical, emotional, whatever - they can't "get it." The methods we use to help them understand physical pain may also apply to emotional. At least I think they might.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

try giving her one of those links to read, rthom. Pick the one that best describes you.

then a few days later, give her another one...
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.